3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2017 6:50 AM by laurac RSS

Spirit to Serve Nomination - Shannon at JW Marriott Houston Downtown

flyawayhome33 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have no hesitation in saying this - Shannon James G. at the JW Marriott Houston Downtown is by far the most professional and wonderful example of service I have ever seen. It all started when I was speaking to the front desk about a yoga class and how they charge for yoga mat rentals. Before I even made it to my room, Shannon had already put a mat in my room. Wow! Each and every week of my stay, he made sure to say hi to me at one point and so kindly made sure that all my needs were met. This week though, he went above and beyond, and without a doubt, secured me as a Marriott customer for life. My beloved family pet had passed away and I was suffering from a nasty cold. When I came down in the morning, he noticed that I had been teary and coughing up a storm! I came back to my room that evening to find a sweet gift basket filled with cough drops, tissues, chocolates, and a nice note wishing me well. When you are always on the road, it means the world to receive a gesture of kindness. Each week I come to the JW Marriott in downtown Houston, I feel like I'm at home - well, more like an unbelievably clean and beautiful version of my home - because of employees like Shannon James G. I cannot recommend him enough for the Spirit to Serve award. He is so very deserving!

IMG_1010.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Downtown Houston, Texas, USA
Orlando, JW Marriott
JW Marriott Downtown Houston
  • Re: Spirit to Serve Nomination - Shannon at JW Marriott Houston Downtown
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Way to go Shannon.....certainly the type of service we've come to expect from the JW Downtown in both of our stays there last year. 

Come on laurac give Shannon the honor.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

seatexan Platinum

I am so sorry to hear about your beloved pet.  They are family and it is heart breaking.  It's wonderful that you were taken care of. 

laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, flyawayhome33, our sincerest condolences on the loss of your pet. On behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate this Marriott associate, Shannon, for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...