7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2017 10:51 AM by vc RSS

Missing Stay Credit Process

only1united Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

In December I had a great time with my family at a Marriott resort in Mexico.

We had 2 rooms, with one redeemed for points and another I paid for. I have received credit for the nights but none of my room & hotel spend. Now, on numerous occasions I have emailed  MR a pdf with my bill from the hotel but I either get no reply or that the attachment isn't displayed correctly.

I have also uploaded it via the MR site.

Can anyone here direct this newbie where I can go to get credit?

Thanks so much.

Happy & safe travel

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Missing Stay Credit Process
    AZDesertRat Platinum

only1united - Call the Marriott Rewards help line number.  The email process seldom works well, but a call should get your credits handled immediately.  Glad to hear you had a great trip - you should mention where you went and share some details with us.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Great advice AZDesertRat!

Welcome only1united!  As an additional option, the community managers here on the forum can assist as well.  I've reached out via direct message for additional details, just in case you'd like to go that route.

only1united Platinum

Thanks. I just sent you the details

vc Gold

carat, I've stayed 21 nights in 2016. The reward statement used to be 21 nights. But now it became 11 nights. What's happening here? I'm staying another 22 nights right now. hopefully it won't be disappeared again. I've sent the email to customer support to get a copy of the bill of my last stay for sorting out missing stay credit. Hopefully it works faster here.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Welcome to Insiders vc!  From what I gather in your post, this is not a missing stay issue.  Since you've mentioned you had 21 nights in 2016, the 10 nights you are missing from your total are the 10 nights needed to reach Silver status for 2017.  The 11 nights you are showing in your account are now your 2016 Rollover nights.  Rather than beginning the year off with zero nights, you will begin the year with 11.  If you were only to stay an additional 22 nights in the year 2017, you would end the year with 33 nights, (22+11=33).  Since this is not enough for the Gold status level, 10 nights will be subtracted to maintain Silver status, the 2016 Rollover nights of 11 will also be subtracted as they do not continue to rollover year to year, leaving you with a total of 12 Rollover nights for 2018 (33-10-11=12). Hope this helps clear up any confusion, but please feel free to reach out should you have any additional questions. 

vc Gold

Carat, I'm new to this. Thank you for clarify the concerns. I will be staying more this year. I want Platinum . Some more questions, the level status is only remain one calender year? It will be reset and need to start over again each year? And how long the points are lasting?

only1united Platinum

Awesome trip at Casa Magna, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.

Good property, great service & weather.

Cheers

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...