36 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2017 9:44 AM by carat RSS

Taste of Platinum Challenge

vikramg Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hey there,

Sorry first time poster. I have read other discussions and have also tried to DM some of the moderators but for some reason, my DM's are not going through.

I would like to sign up for the Taste of Platinum Challenge. I am currently Gold. I can send my ID via a DM or email.

Cheers.

Vikram

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Platinum Elite
  • Re: Taste of Platinum Challenge
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Welcome to Insiders, vikramg!  You should be all set to post away now, apologies for the delay!  When it comes to the "Taste of" challenges, members must be solicited with the offer to participate.  However, we do offer status challenges, which are very similar.  For more information on these challenges, please check of the following link:  Status Challenges: What are they and how do I enroll?

I've also reached out via direct message to begin the status challenge enrollment.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

asuppers Silver

Hello Cara,

I live in Austria and would like to enroll in the Gold challenge.. ist that possible? Thank you for your answer.

BR, Andreas

lisawutong Gold

I called the customer service line yesterday and I think I'm up for a challenge! I don't think I received a confirmation email so I am not really sure... How do I keep track of how I'm doing? This is too exciting

Location Brand Hotel
      Platinum Elite

Welcome to Insiders lisawutong!  When it comes to these challenges, your progress will not be tracking in your online account.  However, if at any time you are curious as to where you stand, reach out to one of the Community Managers here on the forum.  We'd be happy to take a look for you. Also, if you would like, we can always take a look to confirm you have been enrolled in this challenge.  Just pass along your Rewards number to either myself or one of the other Community Managers. 

lisawutong Gold

Hi Cara! Thank you for confirming that I have signed up for the platinum challenge. I have another question for ya - what is the difference between the Taste of Platinum Challenge and the Platinum Elite challenge? I am trying to figure out my schedule to hopefully achieve Platinum Elite status as soon as possible

diahmar Gold

I'd like to sign up for the Platinum status.  I'm currently Gold with Marriott.  How do I proceed?

Thanks,

Dana

vikramg Gold

Thanks Cara! Replied to your DM.

wjlin1 Gold

Hi Carat,

I just have a similar request like vikramg. For some reason, I am not sure if my DM was gone through to you.

I just called the service center and enrolled into the platinum challenge. Now I like to know if I can try "the taste of platinum".

please advise!!

This is a great question, wjlin1.  In order to participate in the Taste of Challenges, members must be solicited with an offer.  Also, members are only eligible to participate in one status furthering challenge per 12 months.  Hope this helps but please feel free to reach out should any additional questions arise. 

kulls Gold

like to enroll on platinum challenge, can you help on this.

Sure can, kulls!  I have reached out via direct message.

kulls Gold

were you able to check on my request

Hi kulls.  I have added in your request am awaiting word of your eligibility.  As soon as I have additional details, I will be sure to share them via the direct message.  Apologies for the delay!

deep_1986 Gold

Hello Cara,

If I already have bookings that I have made for later in February, and then I enroll in the Platinum Status Challenge on 1st Feb. then would these stays in Feb. count towards meeting the challenge. That is, do both bookings and stays have to be performed after enrolling in challenge or can bookings be made before enrolling in challenge as long as stays are for after the enrollment in challenge date.

Example:

Bookings Made: 01/21/2017

Stays between: 02/05/2017 - 02/28/2017

Enrollment in challenge on: 02/01/2017

Would the above scenario stay nights count towards meeting challenge requirements?

This is a great question, deep_1986!  As long as your complete qualifying stays during your given challenge period, when you booked them does not come into play. 

deep_1986 Gold

Sounds good. Thanks carat

kulls Gold

thanks

sumdude3 Gold

I would like to enroll in the Platinum Challenge , if possible.

Regards,

Sumeet

Welcome to Insiders sumdude3!  The first step in the Status Challenge process is checking your eligibility and to get started, I've reached out via direct message.

sumdude3 Gold

hello carat,

Im unsure if you received my DM.

Regards,

Sumeet

jlee153 Gold

I would like to enroll into the Platinum Challenge , if possible. Thanks a lot

Sounds good, jlee153!  I have reached out via direct message to begin the enrollment process. 

dude3731 Silver

Hi,

I'd also like to enroll in the challenge, can you let me know how to go about doing this?

Thanks

Welcome dude3731!  The first step in enrolling in a challenge is checking your eligibility.  I have reached out via direct message to begin this process. 

alexfors Gold

Hi, I would like to enroll in the platinum challenge If possible. Thank you!

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi alexfors,

I've reached out via direct message!

jlee82 Gold

Hello,

I called marriott reward center today to enroll a platinum challenge. I think I've enrolled for "road to" version of platinum challenge but I'm not sure about it. I tried to DM to one of community managers to confirm my enrollment but DM seems not working for me. Could one of managers send me a DM to me such that I could reply to ask the questions related to my challenge?

Thank you!

Welcome to Insiders, jlee82!  We'd like to help provide clarity for you and have reached out via direct message. 

drlm Gold

I would like to enroll in the platinum elite challenge. I am currently gold status, and I have stayed over 20 nights in 2017 Could I get help enrolling? Thank you!

Sounds like a challenge would be beneficial for you, drlm!  I have reached out via direct message to being the enrollment process. 

colefig7 Gold

Hi Cara,

I would love to be invited to try the platinum challenge. Please reach out when you can.

Thanks,

Stephen

bradical93 Gold

Hi carat

I am interested in the platinum challenge. If you could provide any more information about signing up that would be great.

Thank you

Brad

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi bradical93,

I've sent you a a private message regarding your inquiry.

Thanks!

majikow Gold 1 Reviews

Hi carat, I tried direct messaging you but it won't let me.  I'm currently enrolled in a Platinum Challenge and I was wondering if you could tell me how many stays I have achieved towards the 9 needed.  Could you please reach out to me via DM and I can send you my Marriott #?  Thanks!

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi there,

I've just sent you a direct message to assist.

Thanks for reaching out!

Hi majikow, I can definitely help and have reached out via direct message. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...