5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2017 3:50 PM by AndrewT RSS

No Platinum Points Option at CY

greekbecky Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I checked into the Courtyard Marriott Cleveland Willoughby (in Ohio) this afternoon, the start to a rather unhappy stay.  I was really shocked to not have been given an option for points for a Platinum arrival gift.  The young woman looked at me blankly when I requested them and said that it is not a choice on her computer.  Huh?  This is the first time this has ever happened to me.  I then checked in my room and it was a handicapped-accessible room.  Aren't they supposed to ask you if that would be ok before they give you the room key?  I then went back to the desk and asked for a different room and got a supremely annoyed look.  She then provided a room that was not handicapped-accessible two doors down from the first one.  Why didn't she not give me this one in the first place?  This hotel is old and gross and the service is very bad.  I'm sorry I paid money to stay here.  Well, I guess I'll get a lousy candy bar in lieu of points...good grief.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: No Platinum Points Option at CY
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

That's odd. CY is the one brand where you are supposed to get BOTH points and a market item (which could be a coffee from the Bistro). I suppose it's possible the employee didn't see it as an option on her computer since technically you don't have a choice, you get both. I know I'd be monitoring my account once the stay posts to make sure those points are included.

Most select service properties give you either points OR a market item.

All of that aside, it's never good to be on the receiving end of poor customer service.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

greekbecky Platinum

True, true...unfortunately it happens on occasion and you just have to deal with it, but I won't stay there again...:/

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

So sorry to hear this, greekbecky. Could you please send me a direct message with your Rewards number and the reservation number for this stay so I may look into this for you?

greekbecky Platinum

Hi Andrew,

Sorry for the late reply.  I spoke with another individual at the front desk afterwards and believe we fixed the issue.  I've not checked my account yet, but I'm sure it's ok now as the individual had a much more helpful attitude.

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Thanks for the update, greekbecky; very glad to hear that this has been resolved. Feel free to send me that direct message should you need any further assistance here.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...