2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2017 2:03 PM by benbuck6 RSS

The Glenn in Downtown Atlanta

benbuck6 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I took some college students to the Passion Conference (50,000 college students/Christian conference) in Atlanta, GA - Jan 2-4. We arrived about 3:30pm and unfortunately they only had 1 of three rooms ready but these were college students, they were just happy to be away from home. Our conference was in the Georgia Dome. The only closer hotel, and that may be up for debate, was the Omni. The Glenn is in the middle of it all...Phillips Arena (where the Hawks play and concerts held), college football museum, coca cola museum, a downtown ferris wheel for viewing, the Georgia Dome, CNN, plenty of chain dining spots as well as local establishments. It is a boutique type hotel. It doesn't feel big...for where we were it wasn't big. They took great care of us and beside the hold up on the rooms it was nice. The beds were AMAZING!!! One of the parents of the students tried to book late, as the hotel was almost full, and was quoted almost $600/night. It was kind of a running joke because I didn't ask for near that much from the students...they thought I was funding the difference I asked for but I asked for almost exactly what it cost. They all commented at some point that the beds were worth $600/night. I got them for $244/night...I booked early through Marriott site. Honestly, if you are looking for a good place in the middle of it all in Atlanta but with a smaller more personal upscale feel - The Glenn in ATL is a great choice. Also, across the street is a place called Thrive. It a nice dining spot. The burger and frittes were incredible.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
atlanta
The Glenn
  • Re: The Glenn in Downtown Atlanta
    curiousone Platinum

Thanks for the info on the Glenn. I want to do a 3 day weekend in downtown Atlanta this year. It looks like this is an "older" building. How small/cramped are the bathrooms? (Small bathrooms is are one thing they can never remodel around with older hotels.) Was the heating/cooling noisy?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: The Glenn in Downtown Atlanta
      benbuck6 Silver

The hotel is older and you can tell in some of the features of the structure...narrow, winding staircase. corner rooms that seem kind of oddly placed. But the bathrooms in the standard double were fairly large as hotel bathrooms go. I didn't really notice any out of the ordinary noise from the central heat and air.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...