21 Replies Latest reply: Jan 11, 2017 5:11 PM by bejacob RSS

Rollover nights?

carolynd Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

When will we see roll over nights for 2016?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rollover nights?
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Usually about a week into the new year. My nights just reset to zero today, but rollover nights have yet to appear. Give it another day or so. Chances are that in the first couple days of upcoming the week, those night will show up.

In past years it's been on or around the 10th of January when everything is up to date. We appear to still be on schedule.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mustanggt Platinum

As bejacob has suggested, elite nights update in stages during January.  Bonus nights from the Marriott Rewards CC have already posted to my account, but not rollover nights yet.

So now a few hours later, I checked my account and discovered that my rollover nights have now posted. As expected, 10 nights to begin 2017.

2017 rollover.PNG

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

Mine did as well; just what I planned on....

trevfour Platinum

Mine too bejacob, well spotted!

nationwide Platinum

You have to love rollover nights!  The 56 rollover nights put me 50 away from the 1,000 night mark.  I am hoping that means something in the merged program next year.  Wow, my lifetime points number is really low compared to the number of nights.... all those FFI nights, and waiting too long to get the credit card really impacted it.  Oh well, we are off and running in 2017!

Nights Detail

14 nights needed to renew Platinum level

Nights stayed 2

• Paid:2
        • Redeemed:0

Bonus nights 59

• Promotional:0
        • Rewards Credit Card:3
        • Rewarding Events:0
        • 2016 rollover:56

2017 Total 61

Platinum Lifetime Status

• Nights950
        • Points2,456,926

mustanggt Platinum

I received 54 rollover nights going into 2017 which just put me over the 1,000 night mark at 1,004.  I now have 4,091,000 lifetime points.  I love these rollover nights!

cba4ua Gold

I'm fairly new to how the rollover nights work. I am showing 0 2016 rollover nights right now. I finished 2016 with 69 nights and a Gold status. I began 2016 with Silver status and achieved gold in July of 2016. I had 25 rollover nights from 2015. Can someone tell me if the 0 2016 rollover nights is correct or not? Thanks!

Zero rollover is the correct number. Here is the calculation. Total nights - previous year's rollover - number needed to retain status = rollover nights.

In your case 69 - 25 - 50 = -6. Anything zero or below means no rollover nights. It's those 25 rollover nights from 2015 that made the difference.

AZDesertRat Platinum

The good news about rollover nights is that they are credited twice on your lifetime total, once when first earned and then again when credited as rollover nights.  If you check, you will see that your 25 nights in 2015 resulted in a total lifetime increase of 50.

seatexan Platinum

It is so weird to see NO rollovers I have 1 night this year. 74 more to go ;D  I expect to only make about 30-40 nights this year.  So...I will drop down to gold, then maybe have to do the plat challenge in 2018.

guidedog613 Platinum 6 Reviews

Love rollover nights 

Nights Detail

0 nights needed to renew Platinum level

• Nights stayed2
      • Paid:0
      • Redeemed:2
    • Bonus nights98
      • Promotional:0
      • Rewards Credit Card:0
      • Rewarding Events:0
      • 2016 rollover:98
    • 2017 totalView my activity information100
    • Platinum Lifetime Status
      • Nights1,019
      • Points3,418,067

jd-ord Gold

So just to clarify, not all rollovers have posted yet?  I'm expecting 22 and my account has not updated, but someone above suggested that they are calculated in batches.  How many weeks does it typically take to get through posting everyone's rollovers?

Thank you.

Rollover nights should have posted by now.

You say you were expecting 22 rollover nights. Based on that, I'm guessing you ended 2016 with 72 nights. If that is correct, were any of those nights rollover nights that you carried over from 2015? If so, those would need to be subtracted from your total as well. If you rolled over 22 or more nights from 2015, you wouldn't begin 2017 with any rollover nights.

jd-ord Gold

Thanks for replying.

I'm new to Marriott so no previous rollover nights.

Ended 2016 at 32 nights as Silver.  Should it be 32-10= 22 nights?

(Gold is new as a RewardsPlus benefit that was activated just a few days ago in 2017)

Interesting. I'm guessing that your new Gold status may have interfered with your rollover nights. Perhaps one of the moderators can look into your specific situation. Calling carat, AndrewT, lindseyh, and deannad. Can one of you help?

jd-ord Gold

Apparently my unique situation disqualified me from being eligible for Rollover nights.  I had purposefully waited until 2017 to request a RewardsPlus match to MR Gold for the Rollover nights, but unfortunately 2017 still has some bearing on 2016 Rollover nights.  Hopefully my misfortune can help someone avoid the same problem in the future.

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi there,

I've just sent you a direct message regarding your Rollover Nights and will be happy to help from there.

Thanks!

oaks Gold

I was at 68 or 69 nights and I just reset to have 0 for rollover and have a total of 2 nights from my Credit Card...

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi there,

If you could please send me a direct message with your Rewards number, I can assist with any questions you may have.

Thanks!

psenseny Gold

My 2016 rollover is still at zero.  I had zero rollover form 2015 and 43 total nights in 2016....I should have 33 rollover.  I wonder why mine is not posted?

Given that your current status is Gold elite and that you had 43 nights in 2016, you would not earn any rollover nights. You would have needed at least 51 nights to earn any rollover nights for 2017.

Nights earned in 2016 - # needed to renew at the current level - 2015 rollover nights = 2017 rollover nights.

Your numbers: 43 - 50 - 0 = -7. Anything less than 0 means no rollover nights.

Also keep in mind it you end up losing status by not earning enough nights to retain it (i.e. not reaching 50 nights as Gold) and are dropped to a level, you do not get any rollover nights

Elite Rollover Nights FAQs Page. Note the "Key Information" section.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...