2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2010 2:35 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

Resale of Marriott Timeshare

phillyeagle Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I listed my I week's ownership at Grand Vista Back in October of 2008. I was told as of today they still 99% sold at Grand Vista and it will sale full sometime this year. I hope it happens. Did any body ever sold his.her timeshare? Would be interested to know.

Meanwhile the maintenance fee keep on rising and they don't even reimburse the amount of maintenance fee money in liue of rental.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Orlando, Florida, USA
  • Re: Resale of Marriott Timeshare
    tjcnewyork Platinum

phillyeagle

Welcome to Marriott Insiders and thanks for posting.  Until the economy recovers, selling or renting a timeshare is going to be difficult.  People have had to cut expenses to the bone.  If you can wait it out, consider depositing your week(s) with Interval International and possibly exchanging to Seaview in Galloway, NJ or Fords Colony in Williamsburg VA.  These destinations may be closer and drivable.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Resale of Marriott Timeshare
    tjcnewyork Platinum

"I listed my I week's ownership at Grand Vista Back in October of 2008."

Good move on your part to register in October 2008.

Marriott changed the ground rules on June 20, 2010 and will discontinue selling weeks-based resort ownership in favor of selling vacation points.  At a recent Sales Preview Tour for the new Vacation Club program, the Sales Executive advised that Marriott is no longer accepting MVC weeks for resale.  The Sales Executive also stated that there may be exceptions, but Marriott intends to honor its committment to divest of units that owners registered for resale prior to June 20, 2010.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...