6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2017 1:32 PM by beertravels RSS

Travel Package Expiration

beertravels Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I just got the 7 night/southwest travel package. SO excited about the companion pass. My question is about the one year expiration of the hotel certificate. Do I need to complete my stay in one year or complete the booking in one year? I couldnt find this info online.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Travel Package Expiration
    golfernut14 Silver

No you don't-just have to call to renew.  I was told by Marriott that they never expire.  I purchased the 7 night for last February in Aruba, and cancelled it -it's still in my account.  You can check with them for sure, because as we know, things can change......

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Not an expert here, but I thought I just read that Southwest was eliminating the travel package as a gateway for companion pass. I hope you beat the deadline before the change.

beertravels Gold

southwest just extended through  March 31.

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi beertravels,

Great question! The stay would need to be completed within 1 year. Hotels will not be able to apply the certificate to a stay in their system once it has expired.

kcjoee Platinum

What is this Travel Package you are discussing?  Is it a promotion on Marriott?  I'm already at Companion Pass status for 2017 w/ SW.  But didn't know if I should find out more...  I have some friends that are not at Companion Pass status w/ SW and this could be something their interested in.  Thank for any information that can be shared.

beertravels Gold

Flight and Hotel Packages | Marriott Hotel Packages

Link above. I used 300k Marriott points for 7 night category 6 certificate and 120k southwest points. My SW companion posted today.   

Note that SW will only allow this to qualify for companion pass until 3/31.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...