3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2012 11:10 PM by tinkerbell RSS

Renaissance New York Hotel 57

dolphin521 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We are thinking about booking a weekend stay at the Renaissance New York Hotel 57 and would like to hear about recent experiences there.  From what I read on TripAdvisor, the rooms are small but in general, the reviews are pretty good - except for one by a former Marriott Exec.  Thanks.

• Re: Renaissance New York Hotel 57
    munem_ Platinum

It's well located - especially if you like running in Central Park. Not too far from the subway, but that's usually a moot point in New York anyway. There's also a great little Vitamin Shoppe across the street - so great for picking up a protein shake or something in the morning pre/post workout.

ps - and if you're fed up reading all this healthy lifestyle information, the lava cake in the restaurant downstairs is awesome! 

I will say the rooms are very small, and that's the main reason why I probably won't be staying here again. But service is good, and location is good.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Munem

Living in NY, I was surprised when this hotel was acquired by Marriott.  Hotel 57 standard rooms are tiny about 250 sqft and the junior king only slightly larger.  The skyloft suite is the largest room and barely 500 sqft at $499/night.  For travelers who must be on the east side, the East 57th Street location is the redeeming quality.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tinkerbell Platinum

Very small rooms! Strange little lobby.........other Marriotts in the area are much nicer!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...