1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 9, 2017 2:51 PM by AndrewT RSS

Marriott False Reservation Information

bjp1177 Member
Currently Being Moderated

I made 2 separate reservations on marriott.com. The terms for both were that I was able to cancel until one week prior to the stay. I did in fact need to cancel both reservations since our plans have changed. I was able to cancel one of the reservations online with no issue. The other reservation would not cancel so I called and when I spoke to Anna in "customer care" I was told that I couldn't cancel because it was a "1 day cancellation"
reservation. But that is not accurate. I did not make such a reservation, the documentation I have says nothing of the sort, and on both reservations it states the same conditions, that I have until 7 days before my stay to cancel the reservation at no charge.

The Marriott representative says she cannot do anything because the hotel says they can't cancel. How do I get this corrected? Who at Marriott can I address this issue to, since "customer care" doesn't seem able or willing to correct this problem? This is basically false advertising on the part of Marriott.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott False Reservation Information
    AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member
    Currently Being Moderated

Sorry to hear this, bjp1177. Please see my direct message for assistance.

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...