2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2017 10:05 PM by mikeyunwu RSS

250,000 reward points expired without me knowing.  huge disappointment!

mikeyunwu Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I am very disappointed today to find out my 250,000 reward points expired last February.  I called Marriott rewards and was told that they sent emails to notify me about the expiration and they won't reinstate the points.  I could not find the email Marriott mentioned in my Inbox, but found one notice from Marriott (sent in Nov 2015) in the SPAM folder just now.

I accumulated the points when working for Microsoft a decade ago.  I always took care to choose Marriott in order to accumulate the points for a big nice vacation in Europe.  I did not use any point in 24 months because I am going forward to a special vacation.  Last year, in Shanghai I paid $300 to join Club Marriott, again I want to save the points for later use.  I am so upset that I am writing this post 3AM in the morning. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 250,000 reward points expired without me knowing.  huge disappointment!
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Apologies for the frustration this policy has created, mikeyunwu!  I'd like to take a look and see if joining Club Marriott will qualify as account activity and have reached out via direct message.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 250,000 reward points expired without me knowing.  huge disappointment!
      mikeyunwu Silver

I got some good news.  I got my points reinstated after calling Marriott Rewards and telling them that I have earned points through Ctrip -- Marriott Rewards' partner in China.  That is one way to keep Marriott points as stated on Marriott website.  Very happy with Marriott.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...