7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2017 9:51 PM by vetraveler RSS

Platinum Elite not rewarded

vetraveler Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

As a disabled veteran who retired from Active Duty with nearly 30 years of service. On December 28 I was discharged from Womack Army Hospital after having had extensive back surgery.  We live in a rural area and decided to use our earned points and stay at a Marriott property in town and close to the hospital. Before we booked our stay we called several local properties to determine which one would be able to upgrade us to a suite. TownePlace assured us that as Platinum Elite Members if one was availablity there would be no problem. We are completely familiar with the complimentary room upgrade policy and that it is based on room availability at check-in and limited to a Member's personal guestroom. We know that upgrades may include rooms with desirable views, rooms on high floors, corner rooms, rooms with special amenities, rooms on Executive Floors, or suites.  All upgrades are granted on a space-available basis, as determined at the time of check-in. Upgrades are subject to availability and identified by each hotel. I then booked a room using our points. Upon arrival on the 28th Assistant Manager Dawn checked us in to Room 226 and was very understanding and kind. I was still heavily medicated and in pain. She quickly put us in to a two bedroom suite. We were informed that there were ongoing renovations and that she could not guarantee that after this past Tuesday January 3rd there would be a suite available. This was due to the progress of the renovations and whether they were down to the second floor. Everything was going well and everyone was super to us. That was until about noon Monday January 2nd when we received a call in our room from the front desk informing us that was had to move ASAP. My wife was confused and went down to the front desk to determine what was happening. This is where things went HORRIBLY wrong. The young man working the desk was Devin. He was condescending and unapologetic. I explained to him that Dawn had given us the room until the next day with a possibility that it could be extended if the renovations were not yet to the second floor. Devin informed me that we had two choices #1 move to another room or #2 be charged regular room rates for the suite with points not an option. I had one more choice he did not mention and that was to leave, however my condition did not make that an option. We had arranged to have someone come Tuesday to help us move, if we had to at that time. Unfortunately on Monday we had no help. Ira could move nothing, so it was all on me to transfer our belongings before the 3 o’clock deadline we were given. I am still suffering from the aftermath of this activity. If I had the ability Devin would not have a job at any Marriott property.  I have NEVER be talked to or treated in this manner or anything even close, in our many years as Marriott members. AND on top of that the room the threw us out of is still empty, no one has ever checked into it and the renovations are still on the third floor.Place

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Elite not rewarded
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi vetraveler.  So sorry to hear of this experience!  We would like to pass this along to the appropriate team to review and I have reached out via direct message for additional details.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Such a terrible experience . no one should go through that

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

First - thank you for service.

I strongly recommend to speak with MR desk. At the very least they should offer you a refund on your points.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Yes, vetraveler thank you so very much for your many years service to our country.  I remember Womack Army Hospital as I was station at Ft. Bragg in the middle to late 70's in an aviation brigade.  Thankfully I only had to visit the hospital for my yearly flight physicals, but do remember it.

Your story is a very very hard one to swallow and you should be compensated not only for your treatment from the Devin, but for your being made to put unnecessary stress on your health and nerves.  I'm curious if the GM of the property was brought into the conversation or if Devin is the GM.  Either way he needs to be reprimanded for this event.

Hope you recover from your surgery soon and all will be well with your back.  Please keep us updated on things as well as share in more of your travel experiences, that's what Insiders is all about.

seatexan Platinum

I am so so sorry to hear of this vetraveler

Please keep us updated on this issue.  I hope you recover soon from your surgery and this terrible ordeal.

Thank you so much for your service of 30 years!

vetraveler Platinum

As if all this is not enough now we have a winter storm coming and may be stuck here for the weekend!

vetraveler Platinum

The GM's offer was 5.000 points we told her to keep it. The room was 15,000 points a day we spent 120,000 points.This was just another insult!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...