10 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2017 4:00 PM by Babaganoush RSS

London and Paris

woodhamj Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Ok Guys, I am new to the Insiders community and need a little help.  I am planning on going to Sri Lanka (my wife's sister and her family currently live there) by way of London and Paris.  We will stay a few days each in London and Paris.  Any thoughts on hotels and activities for each location?  Price isn't an issue since I plan on using points.

Thanks,

Woodhamj

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, England
Paris
  • Re: London and Paris
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Welcome to Insiders, woodhamj! I'm so excited that you've joined our community. You've come to the place to ask questions like the one you've posted here. The other Insiders are expert travelers, and I'm sure there's someone here who can give you some great recommendations.

If you ever need any help or have any questions, please feel free to reach out to myself, or any of the other Community Manager  - carat, deannad or AndrewT.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

droma Platinum

As a Plat in Paris, I've read the Marriott Champs-Elysees is pretty great.  Actually booked my honeymoon there before switching countries altogether.  The breakfast buffet which you will get for free is supposed to be excellent, as well as the location of the hotel.  This hotel also offers one of the best per point value (rooms are usually pricey) for a redemption in the whole Marriott system.

woodhamj Platinum

Thanks for the info.  I do want to take full advantage of location and any Platinum level perks.

YogiB Platinum

I'm also starting to shop for London (mainly redemption stays), so I'm happy to "listen in" on this topic.

mav Platinum

I stayed at the Marriott Champs Elysees for 10 nights this past Sept/Oct. The place is fantastic! Great staff, wonderful breakfast  buffet, unbeatable location. It TRULY gave me a thrill every time I left the hotel and rolled onto this incredible Ave. So vibrant! .

As a Platinum member I was given a nice room upgrade, very nice welcome gifts, even an extra treat of a canister of caramels. Can't imagine staying anywhere else when I head back to Paris.  

There is a Marks and Spencer about 2 blocks up on the corner, and a few doors down from the Marriott there is a Chanel store. Loved my stay!

woodhamj Platinum

Thanks for the info.  I was considering staying at the Marriott Champs Elysees since my wife LOVED the view shown in the pictures(just hope that we would get a view like that).  It is nice to know about the extra upgrades and the great location.

mav Platinum

I forgot to add one Sunday while we were there the Champs Elysees was closed to all motorized traffic.. just foot traffic.! Oh what fun!! Up and down the street we walked, street shows going on, it was wonderful! The Arc of Triumph at the end, so beautiful . Have fun!!  Wish I was heading back now!  also, the subway is only about a 7 or 8 minute  walk up the Ave. from the Marriott. Lovely location. The breakfast staff are SO fabulous, loved seeing them every morning as much as I enjoyed the buffet LOL  . Give Mario and Hanna my best wishes. Enjoy your trip!

woodhamj Platinum

I have unfortunately discovered that the London Marriott Hotel County Hall is unavailable for the nights that I was planning on staying there (Dec 28-30).  It sure did fill up quick.  Any thought on St. Ermin's or St. Pancras?  We are thinking of taking the train to Paris and I know that St. Pancras has a station but not sure of the noise from the trains.  I would like to be in walking distance from a few of the sights.  

jw99 Platinum

Renaissance Arc de Triomphe was excellent as we stayed 5 nights last year and are going back for 6 nights this year. Great location -- a little quieter but only 2 blocks from the Metro and the Arc. Trying the JW Marriott Grosvenor in London this year based on recommendations from this forum. Enjoy!

Babaganoush Platinum

The St Ermins London is amazing.  It's rich history in British Intelligence history is fascinating.

My room looked over New Scotland yard and just a few blocks from Westminster Abbey and the London Hot Spots.

Enjoy the trip!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...