2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2017 2:57 PM by dboswald RSS

HHonors converting to Marriott

dboswald Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I am currently a HHonors Diamond for 2017 and am switching to Marriott.  I am currently a Silver Marriott level and would like to get a match or a challenge to get to Gold or Platinum for 2017.  An email returned to me this morning saying Marriott does not match status from other hotel chains.  Is this true and if so, what about a challenge for Silver to Gold?

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: HHonors converting to Marriott
    deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi dboswald,

The email you received this morning was correct in that Marriott does not status match from other programs (aside from SPG after the merger). If you send me a private message with your Rewards number, I can have our team check your account for eligibility of enrollment in a Gold challenge. Please note that members can only receive one status challenge offer within a 12 month period, so it may be beneficial to assess your travel plans for the year to see if you're able to reach Gold (50 nights) on your own and then aim for a Platinum challenge, since it is a higher status and status challenges can only be offered for one level higher than your current status.

Thanks for inquiring, look forward to hearing from you!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: HHonors converting to Marriott
      dboswald Silver

Can't seem to DM you.  Doesn't appear to be going through.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...