30 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2017 1:10 PM by carat RSS

Platinum Premier 2017

williston Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone heard yet about PP status for 2017? I'm at 202 nights so hopeful........

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Premier 2017
    lonetraveller Platinum

Dont know. The app shows my status as PP and 0 nights. I had 183 paid nights plus 200 rollover. Seeing 383 nights was pretty coolI thought.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mustanggt Platinum

Your 2016 status stays with you until 2/1/17.  You should learn your fate at that time.  202 nights should definitely put you at PP.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

202 on its own may not do it....If the two years prior are strong, then yes, but if it stands on its own, it may need to be backed up with at least one more heavy year.

navy9219 Platinum

what does PP actually provide you?  I would have thought I would have qualified....I have been well over 150 nights a year for a couple now....I have 120 roll over nights from last year alone

H2O_U_Up_2? Platinum 5 Reviews

I made Platinum Premier as well, but I'm also showing 0 nights (no rollovers, yet).  What extra "goodies" do we get?!  LOL

nittanysteve Platinum

Just logged onto Marriott.com this morning and got Platinum Premier for 2017! My 2016 nights was 175, which included 36 rollover from 2015.  Woohoo!

mustanggt Platinum

Congratulations nittanysteve and welcome to Marriott's top honors club!

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Well ive just logged on and found my status as Plat Premier, though I'm very shocked if that's the case. I remember last year there was a glitch on the App that showed all Plats as PP, and with Marriotts recent IT woes, I think this must be the case here, at least for me.

And no, painedplatinum, this isn't false modesty my most recent figures are:

2014 120 nights of which 80 were paid, 30 from 3 cheap meetings and 10 credit card

2015  95 nights of which 45 were paid, 40 were 2014 rollovers and 10 credit card

2016 125 nights of which 60 were paid, 15 redemptions, 40 double-promo and 10 credit card

I just can't see those numbers being sufficient for PP...

nationwide Platinum

brightlybob, here's a hearty congratulations my friend!  I gotta think they are looking at the "big picture!"  Awesome!

Well I hope they're looking at the big picture because I really would appreciate the big PP benefit, UA Gold! I could do a bit of damage with that baby!

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Maybe Bob..that's three nice years in a row. Since you are paying the high prices, it may be that you've also joined the top tier.

mustanggt Platinum

brightlybob I think you are now a member of the PP club...Welcome my friend!

texaschef Platinum 1 Reviews

302 for 2016

120 Carried forward into 2017, just added 10 from my stay in Maui. Thinking of burning

up stays at Starwood this year for the better points multiplier into MR.

Well, thanks all y'all for those kind words, I will come clean later if the status vanishes, but for the moment I'll bask in the prestige, if unfortunately not the benefits, of PP

Now another thing I spotted when I logged in, over the weekend I'd received 1,500 points on 5th January marked "INSIDERS POINT BONUS". No email, nothing from MRI, just the credit... Anyone else got it and whats it for? Not that I'm not grateful, $15 of free points - to this Brexit-Bankrupted-Brit it is a nice welcome to the New Year, but I am curious...

mustanggt Platinum

I haven't gotten it nor have I ever heard of it.  Once you learn what it is please let us know.

nationwide Platinum

No bonus here brightlybob, so please do keep us posted!

scubachef Platinum

hmmm. 201 paid stays with 52 rollover last year.

Nada. No bump to PP

stepp Platinum

Happy to be Premier Platinum for third year in a row.  Already Lifetime Platium, but this is a real come up from that status, in my experience, as I have enjoyed being faithful to the Marriott Hotel chain all over the globe in my work and travels.   I always write reviews; I recommend Marriott Rewards to my friends and colleagues; I am always cordial to the staff; I recognize the value propostion Marriott offers not only it's customers, but also the plenitude of career paths for their employees. I use the credit card.  It is nice to feel appreciated and recognized as a loyal customer.  Maybe this addition to nights stayed and credit card points make a difference in becoming Premier Platinum member.  I <3 Marriott.  Cheesy, but true.  Thanks Marriott.

auntiesam Platinum

Well, I was thinking 2017 was my year for PP, but so far no luck. Maybe they're still updating status? My rollover nights updated yesterday.

I had around 145 paid nights in 2014, 2015, and 2016, almost exclusively at a full-service property. I don't know my rollover and credit card nights for those years, but my rollover for 2017 is 103. I also had an elite concierge last year (no word yet on whether that continues in 2017). I am still relatively new (started at zero in mid-2013, 2014 was my first year as Platinum), but will hit LT Platinum next month. From what I've read on here, it sounds like they have historically based PP on the prior 3 years of activity. Perhaps they've increased that for newbies?

chobbits Platinum

I was wondering if I would hit PP this year, and it looks like I haven't. Never mind - thanks to my rollover nights from 2016 im already Platinum again through 2018. Based on my Q1 2017 schedule, ill be racking up the nights again.

Don't tell the wife, but dayum I missed the Marriott bed over the Festive period !

Nobody really knows what the criteria is for PP, other than Marriott has publicly said it represents the "top 3% of Plats" though how that top 3% is defined? Nights? Rates? International travel? Bra size? It seems to be pretty accepted that 3 consecutive years as Plat are required.

Anecdotally it seems everyone with more than 3 years consecutive Plat status who reaches 300 nights in a year makes it as do many that reach 200, but there are many that don't get anywhere near that number but who maybe stay almost exclusively at FS (and hence pricey) or travel heavily internationally that have been minted. It's the parameters of that 3% definition that causes questions.

In any event it's important to realise that PP is a benefit free designation and really just consists of Marriott blowing wind up our skirts. The only benefits I know of are a special phone number and, variably, Gold at UA, so it's more of a curio really...

scubachef Platinum

Too bad Marriott doesnt truly reward their top tier members.

after getting my status match at SPG, I now understand why SPG members were worried about losing their benefits. Marriott platinum is harder to get, yet less benefits at the top. I spend over $6k a month at Marriotts (great for my point balance), but they will have to do better to reward their top tier.

i stayed at a Hilton last month in HNL, got the reward match to Diamond, and they really tried to impress. upgraded to a great room with two lanai and beautiful view.

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

I think the problem Marriott has with the rewards program as a whole is that they don't apply the perks the same way at the various properties.  Each brand has different things they do for different levels of membership and with some frequency a PP member is greeted as a standard Plat member, with the same "perks".  Now if you mention that you are a plat prem member not just plat at the higher end properties you'll sometimes find a small upgrade.  The other side is that what you would consider an upgrade is not what they would consider (there's threads here discussing this).  By the time you have logged enough nights for PP status, concierge floor and courtyard rooms or pool/view rooms are expected and not really considered "upgrades", though technically they are to the hotel.  Other chains definitely have a more level benefits plan and application of those benefits to members from my experience.

I have had great success at properties overseas with actual room upgrades and in places like HNL where I got a great huge suite upgrade with 3 balconies and 2 huge rooms on the top floor.  I've also run into properties that say that regardless of status you will not get the best room upgrade but merely a single class of room upgrade.  That's sort of a kick in the nether region when booking on points and no room variety is offered for greater point use.

As far as what it takes to get plat prem, as best I can recall from the various threads on the topic it's something along the last 3-5yrs of stays, having achieved minimally 125nights each year and then some relative amount of spend.  It's rumored to be the top 3% of all Plat members as brightlybob mentioned but there's no check box list of how to get it and it's somewhat a mystery.  I've had it for the past 6 or 7yrs now and average around 140-150 nights a year, mostly paid stays.

lenabrian Platinum

I logged in this morning and noticed that I am now PP.  This is the first time that they have given it to me.  I had 365 nights in 2016 including my rollover nights.  I have 151 tollover nights from 2017. 

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Congrats!

bluefly Platinum

So, I've finished year with 348 nights ( of this paid 212 and 133 promotional ), rolled 273 to 2017, skyrocketed from 80 LT nights to 700 LT  ( thank you double night promotion and rollover nights ) and boosted my account by 1MIO points. All this between FEB.2016 and now. I did not have any notable activity in 2014 and 2015 though...

Do I have any hope to get PP by earning 1MIO points in 212 paid stay, or I will need to wait for another year or two...not that I need it so much, just asking...

seachi Platinum

Can a Mod fill us in on when the PP welcome membership letters/gifts are expected to arrive? Thanks!

carat AndrewT

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Taking a look to see what we can find out.

Yeah, carat i want to know whether my PP is actually the real thing, and not another IT glitch like last year, so an email from Marriott would prove it!

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Apologies for the delay in response, Insiders!  Looks like Platinum Premier members can expect to receive notice late February to early March. 

jhake10 Platinum

I was PP for the first time in 2016. I've rolled 164 nights over into 2017. We'll see on 2/1/2017 if I made the cut again.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...