1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 3, 2017 9:22 PM by coupons RSS

Unhappy with Vacation Club Invite

vt123 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone been invited to attend the 90 minute sales presentation where they charge you $199 upon agreeing to attend in a place of your choosing but have that person also make promises that were not kept?  I agreed to do this only if they confirmed that 3-bedroom villas would be an option due to my family size.  I was promised that this would not be an issue and I would be able to have a 3-bedroom place to accommodate my family size so I agreed to the $199 charge.  But when I went to book the stay at one of the properties in Orlando (or I was open to anywhere that could provide a 3-bedroom place) I was told that they don't have any 3-bedroom places available.  I would have never agreed to this had I known that up front.  I even requested that they pull the recorded message of the person making the sales pitch to me so that they can see that I was not making this whole thing up, but "Julia" from Marriot at 1-800-782-5410, ext. 5681 said that they don't record all calls and that mine unfortunately was not recorded.  Well that is pretty convenient.  I definitely feel a bit of a bait-and-switch which seems very unlike Marriott to me.  My experience being a frequent guest at Marriott properties has always been good but this has left a very bad taste in my mouth.  When I explained that I expected a refund of the $199 due to being misinformed, Julia became nasty and said she could not do that.  I hope that this is not just a mechanism to get extra revenue but it sure seems like it.  I will not be attending the 90 minute sales pitch because I can't trust what they say now is accurate but I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Unhappy with Vacation Club Invite
    coupons Gold
    Currently Being Moderated

vt123

Marriott headquarters in Orlando

try these phone numbers

800-860-9384 this is customer care

407-206-6000 this is the main"switchboard"

hope one of these numbers will get you satisfaction

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...