3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2017 10:27 AM by seachi RSS

Marriott Ratings vs SPG Ratings

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Want to see what other Insiders have noticed as I've started looking at SGP (only looking) options on their website it occurs to me that very few of their properties are rated with 4 Stars or higher, most in the upper 3 Star range even St. Regis, W and Westin Hotels.  Seldom to I find a Marriott property that isn't rated 4 Stars or higher.

So what is up with this rating stuff and are SPG properties along with their services more frowned upon by customers than what Marriott is receiving from their customers?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Ratings vs SPG Ratings
    jt15550 Platinum

Just curious - where are you looking to gather said ratings?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Select a city and search of their website, it will bring up a list of hotels they have and you'll find the Stars there.

seachi Platinum

TBH, I think the only 2 ratings that matter are:

1.) Rating on Trip Advisor

2.) Hotel Brand - defines the amenities and sets expectations (not the AAA "Four Star Hotel" based on amenities)

I don't put any weight when a hotel or hotel's website indicate a certain number of stars based on select reviews or amenities as defined by some random organization (like AAA).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...