4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2017 4:33 PM by YogiB RSS

Excessive credit card hold for "incedentals"

lonetraveller Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone else experienced an increase in the amount of hold places on your credit card? I went to check in at one place and they wanted to place a hold of over $1,000.00 for just incidentals plus the entire amount of my 28 day stay. Most of the time, the front desk clerk just puts a $50.00 hold and one weeks rooms charges.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Excessive credit card hold for "incedentals"
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi lonetraveller.  Welcome to Insiders!  I'd like to take a look into this for you and have reached out via direct message for additional details.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Snail5930 Gold

Last year in Germany, Ritz Carlton Berlin place a hold for 1000 EUR ($1,060) per room for incidentals. It was a 4 day stay ...

peymanagement Platinum

lonetraveller, I usually check when my card has been pinged, because i got a fraudulent charge last year. Usually they ping me for the full amount that they expect me to pay during my stay at check in. So for example on new years eve when we checked in i was pinged for 145 dollars, i dropped another 300 dollars in the dining room, and i was pinged again for that, two days later the real charge came out and the other stuff disappeared from my authorizations.

YogiB Platinum

Lately there are not a lot of hotels that but funds on hold on my credit card. Last time was a FF last summer. I must admit I don't check my CC account too closely, so I might be wrong.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...