3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2017 7:26 AM by rlswider RSS

First SPG Redemption Booked - Westin Dublin

droma Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Just booked my first SPG Award Redemption at the Westin Dublin in February.  The process was extremely easy with the point transfer.  The hotel looks very nice and in a perfect area.  Does anyone have any reviews on this hotel or tips for Dublin in February?  I'll look forward to reporting back on the hotel after the trip!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: First SPG Redemption Booked - Westin Dublin
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

droma, I'll look forward to reading your report.  I am trying to sort a Dublin stay for 3 people in May, and it looks like the Shelbourne Dublin Renaissance only allows 2 persons/room,even though they offer a double/double and also offer a king room with one rollaway permitted, yet only allow double occupancy (really strange).  It would be nice to get by with one room, thereby saving some shekels.  I am sworn off of SPG properties until after the two programs merge (chasing plat lifetime and need the nights), but would make an exception here, if the Westin accomodations would work better for us.

Thanks for the post!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

droma Platinum

pluto77, I will definitely keep you posted!  I've read some iffy reviews on the Shelbourne, although it does look like a beautiful place.  This is pretty much my reason for choosing the Westin, along with it only being 144K points compared to 160K for the Shelbourne. 

rlswider Platinum 7 Reviews

Have not stayed at the Westin Dublin, but since the merger I have stayed on points at two westins , Westin Grand Munich and Westin Cape Coral florida. I was impressed with both and in my opinion treated very well as a "platinum guest". One thing I have noticed is that the membership benefits are not "limited" at resorts like with marriott, so resort or not doesnt matter, you receive breakfast or whichever benefit you are entitled to based on your status. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...