1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 6, 2017 7:38 AM by laurac RSS

Spirit to Serve Nomination

kktraveler Silver
Currently Being Moderated

My husband and I recently stayed in NYC at what has become our favorite NYC Marriott and had a wonderful experience with a front desk representative and wanted to mention her by name.

I did mobile checkin at the Marriott Residence Inn Central Park  ( which never seems to have any benefit for this hotel at all) and was told by the first desk person we encountered  " your room is not ready" . I put 1130 in on the checkin app which I knew was optimistic but it was now 145. I did reserve a corner room which are in less supply but at no time did she suggest another room type if I wanted to get in early.

Often the view is important to us but since we have come so often, what we enjoy about the corner rooms are the abundance of light and open feel to the room. We were tired from walking around since 8 am and hoped to relax before an early dinner reservation On the other side of town. I asked if she could possibly rush the room....she relied I can try, typed something and said check in is at 3 pm.

I walked over to my husband and told him the status and we tried to figure out how we would kill 1.5 hrs. I noticed several other guests obtaining keys so I suggested to him that I was going to go over and ask if ANY corner room was available now.

That was when I met WIOLETTA, a superb front desk representative.

Wioletta immediately started punching room numbers into her computer, picked up the Walkie talkie then phone to speak directly to housekeeping , offered me a few options ( all corner) then suggested a room on a lower floor saying " I think you'll like this". A Marriott guests dream experience. Wioletta then walked us to see the room first ( what? Am I in a Ritz Carleton?).

The room was perfect, bright and open with a corner view toward Central Park . She quickly then checked us in and up we went to relax before heading out to an early dinner and show. Wioletta was probably the best and most helpful front desk rep in all of our years staying at the Marriott . Talk about going the extra mile for a customer.

I'm sorry I don't know Wioletta's last name but I think it's uncommon enough of a first name that hopefully she can receive some accolade or praise for her service to a loyal Marriott rewards member . As always it was a wonderful stay but our Wioletta experience was a perfect start!

Sincerely

Karen  & Robert

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Central Park NYC
  • Re: Spirit to Serve Nomination
    laurac Marriott Associate
    Currently Being Moderated

Greetings, kktraveler, On behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate this Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...