9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2017 3:26 PM by bejacob RSS

Do Rollover nights include bonus nights?

jw99 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

In 2016 I had 109 nights -- 70 stayed and 39 bonus. Since I exceeded Platinum requirement by 34 nights, do I start 2017 with 34 nights?

Any rollover experts out there?

Thanks,

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Do Rollover nights include bonus nights?
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Rollover does include Bonus nights with one exception. If you had any rollover nights from the previous year, those would need to be subtracted. If your 39 Bonus nights do not include any rollover from 2015, you will start 2017 with 34 nights.

Here's my totals for 2016. 104 nights, but since 19 were rollover nights from 2015, those don't count again. 104 minus 19 is 85, 10 more than needed to reach Platinum, so my rollover for 2017 will be 10 nights. Notice that the 19 2015 rollover are counted as part of my 43 Bonus nights.

2016 rollover.PNG

Here a link explaining how the entire process works https://www.marriott.com/marriott/eliterolloverFAQs.mi

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jw99 Platinum

thanks. On the site today for 2016 rollover it has zero, which seems odd. 2015 would not be an issue since I wasn't traveling much.

Give the site a few days to reset. I'm seeing 104 nights for 2017 showing, with 19 rollover from 2016. It appears that the years have updated even though the numbers haven't. Given that your numbers are showing zero rollover (from last year), you should expect to be at 34 nights very soon.

jw99 Platinum

had this confirmed via chat on the site. Thanks for your help.

alwweb Platinum 4 Reviews

I'm seeing the same thing as bejacob.  I don't understand why Marriott updates the dates in the window without updating the data.  I'm so tempted to take a screen shot and then try and get them to give me the 77 nights credit after they take them away in the next week or two.  It sometimes takes better than a month for them to update the annual activity at the end of the year.  Being a database person, there really is no excuse for this.  With some decent programming, the nights stay should refresh at the same time that the templates with the dates do.

jw99 Platinum

Marriott's technology is OK, but not where it could be. My app no longer allows me to check-in and check-out. It changed after I reached Platinum and they didn't know why. New app soon I hope.

Thanks.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Thanks for the helpful response, Bejacob!

lonetraveller Platinum

It seems mine are always lumped together as carryover. Everything over 75 just goes into the rollover pile and it does not state how they were earned. I had 200 rollover nights for 2016, my profile still shows them rolling over to 2017 though.

Despite the numbers showing 2017, what you as actually seeing are the numbers from 2016. Marriott has not reset the numbers on the website yet. That usually happens about a week or so into the new year to allow for any late postings from stays in December. Check again after January 10 (or thereabout) once the counter resets. If you rolled 200 night from 2015, I think you'll find they won't rollover again.

Regardless, any nights earned in 2016 through stays, credit card spending, or showing as "promotional" in excess of what's needed to retain status will rollover. For many road warriors, that's enough to retain Platinum status even before staying one night in 2017.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...