31 Replies Latest reply: Jan 11, 2017 9:24 AM by shortnsassytxn RSS

Finally a PLATINUM!

nismoztuner Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Just became a platinum today, Also noticed that my SPG account was updated in the morning as well. Cant wait to see how my next trip is going to be.

2013- Silver Elite

2014-Silver Elite

2015-Silver Elite

2016-Silver Elite/Gold Elite (July)

2017- PLATINUM  

now to make it to another 75 nights....

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Finally a PLATINUM!
    bacon14 Platinum

Congratulations nismoztuner!!  Hope you enjoy lots of wonderful perks in the year ahead!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

troytraveler Silver

How did you go from Silver Elite to Gold Elite? Is this for personal travel or for work?

nismoztuner Platinum

Personal travel and just group trips that helped me out since my friends keep going out. I also stayed at Ritz Carlton (double the nights)

peymanagement Platinum

Congratulations nismoztuner, that is a nice achievement, I have found being plat worth it,

nismoztuner Platinum

Hopefully, my goal was to be platinum around Nov 2016 when i only had 12 more nights to go. So me and my GF made it a mission to make me platinum- New Years eve night was my 75th night 

tplyons87 Platinum 5 Reviews

Congratulations! I felt the same way when I got my first... cringing over the day that I lose that status

nismoztuner Platinum

That`s what im worried about but i have the rest of 2017 to make it happen. Staying at Ritz Carlton while in my long trips help (group trip)

mustanggt Platinum

Don't forget nismoztuner, if you should slip from platinum Marriott will not let you fall below Gold in 2018 (their version of a sort landing).  Two easy ways to accumulate elite night credits are to get the Marriott Rewards CC (15 nights credit issued on your card anniversary, plus one night for every $3,000 in spending) and list your birthday on your profile to receive one night credit shortly after your birthday each year.  Welcome to Platinum!

nismoztuner Platinum

Thanks for your advice..

I have the Marriott CC since 2013- and I am singed up for the bday night credit. I cant remember if the previous years i received the elite night- I know for 2016 i did get that bday night.

and thanks for the welcome!

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Yay! Congrats, nismoztuner!!

nismoztuner Platinum

thanks! Lindseyh

Now time to get me to platinum premier *challenge face*  --i kind of doubt that--

YogiB Platinum

Congrats NismozTuner!

And, without stealing too much of your thunder, I can announce that since last afternoon I'm now also finally part of the Platinum club!

It took a phone call to get my NYE stay corrected to 2016 (in stead of 2017), but my counter finally hit 75 nights!

I'm looking forward getting all those extra perks as well (Platinum SPG, Elite advantages via United and Delta) and planning my summer travel accordingly.

Looking forward to 2017 and what is has to offer!

mustanggt Platinum

Congrats YogiB.  The additional platinum bonus points you receive with each stay add up fast.

YogiB Platinum

That's what I'm hoping for.

So far my nights are accumulating pretty fast towards LT status, but my points are lagging.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Good for you YogiB, and certainly those welcome points and the Plat bonus really helps those lifetime points add up

nationwide Platinum

YogiB - that's outstanding!  It's terrific to see one of our more vocal Insiders get the promotion to platinum!  Congratulations my friend, and keep sharing your experiences!

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

Congrats YogiB!  Enjoy your stays as a Plat!

nismoztuner Platinum

Congrats as well, looks like we both made our 75th night on new years eve!

My SPG account was updated when i became Platinum hours later by it self- I saw that United offered Silver status, I tried linking my accounts thru the Marriott site but it kept giving me errors till it asked me to call a phone number. I called and it wasn't a Marriott number but from United- they linked my account so my account was upgraded to sliver.

Delta benefits?...is that thru SPG?

YogiB Platinum

Yes, SPG offers Delta benefits for Platinum Elites (but I think it's not an official Delta Medallion status). I just created my United account through Rewards Plus (had to click through a bunch a Marriott pages to find it), but linking to Delta is even a lot more like a breeze.

SPG texted me today that I got upgraded. No texto from Delta yet and my profile states I'm still a regular SkyMiles Member.

In the mean time I'm trying to finalize create my United account, but it's a big headache.

nismoztuner Platinum

I have a Delta account from when i traveled to Puerto Rico during Sept of 2016.

I noticed that delta and SPG were together-so then i made my SPG account. Marriott later acquired SPG and now im platinum with them.

I went over my SPG and Delta accounts and my account is linked to each other but dont see any difference in them. maybe its just benefits but not status.

yeah with united i ended up calling since my 2nd last name was missing with them. and marriott wouldnt let me link

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Nice job, Yogi!!!

nationwide Platinum

Congratulations nismoztuner!  Welcome to the club!  What a great way to celebrate/ punctuate your New Year's Eve, and start 2017 with a bang!  Enjoy your travels this year!

nismoztuner Platinum

Thanks!

My main trip my Gf and I are interesting on taking is to Maui but staying at the Ritz Carlton.. lets see how that goes

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

Congratulations nismoztuner!  Enjoy the perks of being Plat!

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

Cool. Congrats. Now start working on LT

nismoztuner Platinum

yeah life time platinum is my next goal- 750 nights

im at 142 nights.. gonna be a while for me 

seatexan Platinum

Congrats!!! It's not easy! so well done!

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Congrats, nismoz!!!

jt15550 Platinum

If your experience is anything like mine, you will be rewarded when you least expect it.  I got upgraded to the master suite at the Denver Courtyard for a one-night stay.  It was quite the unexpected pleasure.  I didn't know they made rooms at Courtyard that nice!

vetraveler Platinum

Hope they treat you well. It is not always the case

shortnsassytxn Platinum

I have to agree with carat!! But we will definitely be wishing you all the best!        

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...