2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2017 1:59 PM by droma RSS

2017 Travel Package

curiousone Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Yes, I was disappointed with the SWA decision to not allow hotel points to count toward Companion Pass. However, I still went ahead with my 2017 Travel Package. The last Travel Package that I did in 2015 the MR -> RR was at 1:1 and for the 5 night package they did not give you the 5th night free.(The 7 night package only charges for 6 nights, so you get the 5th night free.) This time I was surprised to be informed that the MR -> RR conversion was 140K MR points for the 120K SW RR points (1.17:1). However, this time Marriott is offering the 5th night free. So what I thought would require 320K MR points I only spent 300K. The 1.17:1 is still better than the 2.83:1 for a straight MR -> RR without the hotel.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 2017 Travel Package
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Good stuff here, curiousone. Thanks for sharing!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 2017 Travel Package
    droma Platinum

This is some good info.  Travel packages really are a great deal!  I look forward to trying my first with American this year for Amsterdam.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...