3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2017 3:13 PM by oakstaf RSS

Southwest Closes Companion Pass Loophole

droma Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Just read this over on TPG:

http://thepointsguy.com/2017/01/no-hotel-transfers-for-southwest-companion-pass/

Unfortunately, it looks like hotel point transfers will no longer count toward Companion Pass on Southwest.  I don't blame them for this move, but am disappointed as I planned on using this to begin 2018.  The best way now (outside of actually flying) to earn this great benefit seems to be getting the Southwest credit card and placing alot of spend on it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Southwest Closes Companion Pass Loophole
    starryeyedwonder Platinum

oh    I am so disappointed  I was going to apply tomorrow.  I have already made plane reservations and hotel reservations thinking that I was going to get my pass.  If I had known this, I would have applied last fall when i had already accumulated the necessary MR points.  I also made reservations for my MVC points thinking that I could fly to those destinations as well.  I just spoke with the SW reward points reservation agent Thursday when she told me how to use the companion  pass and we made arrangements to get the pass tomorrow.  Apparently they did not know anything about this.  I would have ordered the CP on the spot 2 days ago had I known.  This was the main benefit of   using the MR card.  I can't describe my feelings right now, other than to say I feel betrayed by someone........

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

curiousone Platinum

Also very disappointed, but not surprised. I was planning to do my travel package tomorrow morning and then the companion pass. Oh well, at least my wife flew free for 3 years.

oakstaf Platinum

Southwest reversed their decision.  Transfers now good through March 31, 2017.  The LUV is BACK!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...