4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2017 9:32 AM by carat RSS

Does staying on the night of December 31st/ January 1st count as a 2016 stay or 2017?

mzumbrun Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Currently I have 73 nights stayed for the year which means I only need two more nights to become a Platinum member. I am staying two more nights this weekend for New Years which means that the night of December 31st/January 1st will be my 75th night but does that last night count as a stay for 2016 or 2017?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Does staying on the night of December 31st/ January 1st count as a 2016 stay or 2017?
    Snail5930 Gold

Last year I was at the Marriott Vienna from December 31 to January 3. 1 elite night was added to my bill for 2015 and 2 elite night was added to my bill for 2016.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Does staying on the night of December 31st/ January 1st count as a 2016 stay or 2017?
    peymanagement Platinum

mzumbrun, I am not sure of the rule, but in your circumstance I would call CS and discuss your situation, There is a good chance they will give you plat anyway.

nationwide Platinum

mzumbrun  If the 31st of December is actually your 75th night, then you are okay, as you will get the credit in 2016 despite the stay extending beyond the start of the new year.  Are you checking into the hotel today for the whole weekend?  If so, you are good to go!    From your post, it is a little difficult to discern when you intend to check in.

If the 1st of January is actually your 75th night, that is another story altogether.  You will need to talk to the good folks at the customer service line, or perhaps a moderator here, to see if they can/will comp you a single night. 

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Great insight here, Insiders!  Only the night of December 31st will count towards your 2016 Nights, mzumbrun. We can always take a look into your account and see how this stay was credited.  If this is something you are interested in, please reach out via direct message with your Rewards number.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...