15 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2017 7:14 AM by rinny54 RSS

Shop my way portal ending Jan 15, 2017?

conskeeted1908 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I usually check the portal before any online shopping to make sure I earn as many points as possible.  They're slow to post but every point counts. I just logged in and saw the program is ending Jan 15. Dyd I miss a notice, will there be a replacement program? Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Shop my way portal ending Jan 15, 2017?
    amowens Silver

I just saw the same thing! It is disturbing there was no notice or email sent to the users of the website. Hopefully, Marriott finds a new shopping portal who can credit the rewards much faster.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jl3549 Platinum

Hopefully we will get the points for purchases already made as well.  The website has had a lot of issues.  I have took screen shots of the exact links I have pushed and yet the points still don't show up at times, I have offered to share these to help them troubleshoot but they aren't interested,.  I have about 3000 worth of points not showing as pending and another 500 that are pending...hopefully Marriott makes good on those since I always access the shop my way site directlly from Marriott.com.

solkua Platinum 1 Reviews

I don't see anything on the page saying it ends on 1/15. Where did you see that?

texas_lass Gold

It is on the partner earning page at Marriott.com. Does not appear on the shopping site that I could see, but I might have missed it.  I have 170 points that were pending, now showing "erred" whatever that means.  Guess I am going to reach out to them tomorrow when I can document the conversation.

Hope there is an alternative coming...

baseballrich2 Platinum

Not surprising as the site and service were TERRIBLE.  My main concern is they still owe me 60,000+ points dating back to May. 

indytors Silver

Does anyone know which stores or portals will be available after the 15th?

Thanks NEWBIE

conskeeted1908 Gold

Hi, it doesn't say it on the portal itself (sneak) but if you go to the marriott home page and scroll down and under marriott rewards, click earn then earn with our rewards partners, it's there. marr rew.png

conskeeted1908 Gold

It was pretty crummy that no notice has been sent to date. It looks as if the portal we currentlyuse willnot be available and there has been no mention of it ending much less an alternative.

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi all,

Our partnership with ShopMyWay will be ending January 15, which means members will no longer be able to earn points this way. Anything pending is scheduled to still post within 60 days of shipment. Unfortunately, we do not have any information on any replacement partner or new shopping portal at this time.

texas_lass Gold

Andrew, do you know if we will still have online access to the portal after January 15 so that we can check on items posting?  The reason I ask is that sometimes it takes more than 60 days (in one case it took about 8 months) to post and I might need to follow up.  

gurucs Platinum

Andrew - Marriott Platinum member here. Shopped on 11/20 when shopmyway portal had 150points/ $ on HP.com. Spent 1159$ on a laptop and was hoping to get 173000 points and now I see only 1741points pending. who can help ? I can post the screenshots if required.

rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews

Following...I use this all the time to do my online shopping!  I hope we get something else.  Is this because of the Starwood merger?  Do they have something better?

solkua Platinum 1 Reviews

I think we are really letting Marriott Rewards off the hook for the absolutely awful communication of this portal being shut down on 1/15. How does this not get included in one of the many emails that have come out. How does it not show on the ShopMyWall portal either? If Marriott think that they met the requirement putting a little mention (with no highlight either) on their Rewards page, they truly wanted this to just go unnoticed. What a joke! Most of us that have used the site have it bookmarked and go to it directly. Simply pathetic and no excuse for this.

rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews

Just checked if the shop my way portal is gone from the website & I could not find it!!  Will there be a substitute? carat? anyone?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...