38 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2017 12:36 PM by emptynest2013 RSS

Shop my way portal ending Jan 15, 2017?

conskeeted1908 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I usually check the portal before any online shopping to make sure I earn as many points as possible.  They're slow to post but every point counts. I just logged in and saw the program is ending Jan 15. Dyd I miss a notice, will there be a replacement program? Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Shop my way portal ending Jan 15, 2017?
    amowens Silver

I just saw the same thing! It is disturbing there was no notice or email sent to the users of the website. Hopefully, Marriott finds a new shopping portal who can credit the rewards much faster.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jl3549 Platinum

Hopefully we will get the points for purchases already made as well.  The website has had a lot of issues.  I have took screen shots of the exact links I have pushed and yet the points still don't show up at times, I have offered to share these to help them troubleshoot but they aren't interested,.  I have about 3000 worth of points not showing as pending and another 500 that are pending...hopefully Marriott makes good on those since I always access the shop my way site directlly from Marriott.com.

solkua Platinum 1 Reviews

I don't see anything on the page saying it ends on 1/15. Where did you see that?

texas_lass Gold

It is on the partner earning page at Marriott.com. Does not appear on the shopping site that I could see, but I might have missed it.  I have 170 points that were pending, now showing "erred" whatever that means.  Guess I am going to reach out to them tomorrow when I can document the conversation.

Hope there is an alternative coming...

baseballrich2 Platinum

Not surprising as the site and service were TERRIBLE.  My main concern is they still owe me 60,000+ points dating back to May. 

indytors Silver

Does anyone know which stores or portals will be available after the 15th?

Thanks NEWBIE

conskeeted1908 Gold

Hi, it doesn't say it on the portal itself (sneak) but if you go to the marriott home page and scroll down and under marriott rewards, click earn then earn with our rewards partners, it's there. marr rew.png

conskeeted1908 Gold

It was pretty crummy that no notice has been sent to date. It looks as if the portal we currentlyuse willnot be available and there has been no mention of it ending much less an alternative.

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi all,

Our partnership with ShopMyWay will be ending January 15, which means members will no longer be able to earn points this way. Anything pending is scheduled to still post within 60 days of shipment. Unfortunately, we do not have any information on any replacement partner or new shopping portal at this time.

texas_lass Gold

Andrew, do you know if we will still have online access to the portal after January 15 so that we can check on items posting?  The reason I ask is that sometimes it takes more than 60 days (in one case it took about 8 months) to post and I might need to follow up.  

gurucs Platinum

Andrew - Marriott Platinum member here. Shopped on 11/20 when shopmyway portal had 150points/ $ on HP.com. Spent 1159$ on a laptop and was hoping to get 173000 points and now I see only 1741points pending. who can help ? I can post the screenshots if required.

baseballrich2 Platinum

The portal site is back up and it appears (I clicked through to one of the stores) that it works.  Will you get points or is it a scam?

rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews

Following...I use this all the time to do my online shopping!  I hope we get something else.  Is this because of the Starwood merger?  Do they have something better?

I think we are really letting Marriott Rewards off the hook for the absolutely awful communication of this portal being shut down on 1/15. How does this not get included in one of the many emails that have come out. How does it not show on the ShopMyWall portal either? If Marriott think that they met the requirement putting a little mention (with no highlight either) on their Rewards page, they truly wanted this to just go unnoticed. What a joke! Most of us that have used the site have it bookmarked and go to it directly. Simply pathetic and no excuse for this.

rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews

Just checked if the shop my way portal is gone from the website & I could not find it!!  Will there be a substitute? carat? anyone?

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi rinny54, as of 1/15/17, ShopMyWay no longer participates with Marriott Rewards.  Any orders placed on or after this date will not earn Rewards points. 

seatexan Platinum

Shop my way was pretty bad about posting.  I tried it once and the wonderful AndrewT had to help me out in getting my points.  So I am not surprised they are shutting it down.  It would be great if Marriott teamed up with another more efficient way to shop and earn.

annew20 Silver

I agree with SeaTexan - the points took a long time to post & I had to track them.  I switched to the shopping portal at SouthWest & they post points right away & send an email to let you know the points were posted.

baseballrich2 Platinum

It is still active at the original site I saved.  https://www.shopmyway.com/earnpoints/home

Marriott rep...I still have LOTS of points that haven't posted because ShopMyWay says they were cancelled.  The vendors all got back to them and said this was not the case.  Some of these go back to May 2016...PLEASE HELP

marcocean Platinum

It is wrong that they all of the sudden ended it. I had the page bookmarked and it still let me go through to the site so I still better get my points. Now, when I go there, it has the United MileagePlus logo at the top. Does that mean I'll get MileagePlus miles? It's very fishy how this went down without any warning or notice.

chcummings Silver

Go to the home page and click on My Account, then My Rewards, you'll see what the redemption choices are now and Marriott isn't one of them.

carat Has Marriott thought of notifying evreward.com and all the other shopping portal searches of this change. Might save Marriott unhappy customers thinking they are getting Marriott points when they will not. I didn't check all of them, but evrewards still says 15/Marriott points for H&R block, for example. At this point, assuming that the actual portal isn't going to go the extra mile considering they didn't even notify the members of the change.

aje5837 Silver 1 Reviews

I wish I had known this.  I didn't see this when I last shopped on it on January 17th.  Now I'll have the 465 points for that go towards United Miles (not interested in this) or cash (300 points =$1)...This is really sad and disappointing. I should have seen on their site before I ordered that they were going to end their partnership with Marriott.  Even though Shop My Way wasn't always the best, I did enjoy earning Marriott points for my online shopping.  

Below is what showed up when I went to the site today:

All Marriott points earned through January 16th will automatically post to your Marriott Account when available.Marriott points will no longer be earned on ShopMyWay.

ShopMyWay reward points earned from January 17th on will be available for redemption starting january 31st via the options below.We will be adding more exciting redemption options in the months to come.

chcummings Silver

This was always a strange shopping portal as it took so long to post - often more then 3 months. My wife has a transaction pending from the beginning of January and I have one from November. Will be interesting to see if/when those post to Marriott. If it takes 5 points to get 1 United, or 300 points to get $1, it almost seems like the portal is just closing down. Why wouldn't people just use United for United miles or Mrrebates for cash.

My wife had bought through the portal in early January to get a qualifying transaction for Marriott to keep her account active since her transactions are with SPG, but transferring points from SPG to MR doesn't count as a qualifying transaction.

georgia67 Platinum

I just spent 30 minutes attempting to find the shopping portal and finally decided to come on the forum to see if there was any mention of a problem.  I'm blown away to learn it has been taken down.  I have been involved in a project at work and have not had time to do any shopping in the last couple of weeks, but normally I go straight to the portal and shop those  vendors first.  I suppose the children's school will benefit from me using their portal now, or I will either renew my "Team National" account and get the funds paid directly to me each month in the form a check.  I'm so bummed out.

chcummings Silver

Still comes up for me in a google search.

carat You might want to take a look at this screen shot.

MR_Rewards_Shop_My_Way.png

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, chcummings!  We have shared this and your comments above with the appropriate team.

rachelplat4life Platinum

Help, help, help.... of course I didn't see this not really notice and not only that, continued to log in and buy and when I noticed that I hadn't gotten any credited miles since.... July of 2015!!!!! and dutifully followed the links for customer service and contact us... and contacted them and did not get any response... so I found this thread and boy am I upset about it.

I am a Platinum Elite for life member, I have at least 20 orders through Marriott Shop My Way Rewards that haven't posted plus the 2 I just made last week. (I order my cat's food and litter through MSMWR)

How do I get credit for those missing orders?

Why is the site still up and taking orders and faking customer service and no notice at all?  Come on Marriott!!!!

chcummings Silver

This might not help a lot, but the portal isn't owned/run by Marriott from what I understand. Owned/managed by some company called DBG Loyalty. 

FYI, my help responses from them were going to the spam folder.

rachelplat4life Platinum

Update:  I got an email from "them"  here is their email:

support@mrewards.shopmyway.com

They wrote:

"Hi Rachel

Can you be more specific about the orders you feel are missing.  You have a lot of orders in process and awarded.  Please provide us the name of the merchant, amount, date and order number and we will be happy to research each one.

Thank you"

No kidding I have a lot of orders... in process...???? the ones immediately before this were August and November 2016, seriously?  There's a more than a whole year missing, are they "in process"?  Anyway, they wrote back.  And I gave them the specifics I have, although I can't be sure its everything.  I was keeping the orders in a special file trying to figure out what my cat's monthly usage was so I could sign up for those discounts for repeating orders, and never got an answer about if the order was repeating, does it get the Marriott points as if it was logged in and ordered separately each time.  So I lost that discount, and now also evidently the points, unless I can provide order specifics for each and every order, if they "research" each one, if they also give the bonus miles they promised at login...

and no mention of the shopmyway ending...

It's obnoxious they didn't sign their email but whatever, if they give me the points - if they ever kept track of my purchases and find all the ones I may have missed- it wont matter if they signed.  Also annoying the orders I "feel" are missing?  I don't "feel" they are missing, they are missing.  Anyway... thanks for letting me rant. 

chcummings Silver

Rachel,

If you click on My Account, then My Rewards on the website https://mrewards.shopmyway.com/ do you see any pending rewards?

Pending_Rewards.png

rachelplat4life Platinum

No pending rewards, not even a heading for anything "pending".

I have:

Total points to date

Total points this year

argh.

chcummings Silver

To confirm, you do not have a "My Orders" section at the bottom of the "My Rewards" page?

rachelplat4life Platinum

I have "My Orders" at the bottom of the page, and there are listed orders that start with July 2 2015 and go backwards in time.  Status is all "awarded".

chcummings Silver

My wife's points just posted to MR after the typical 2 month wait. So, looks like the company is wrapping up those outstanding transactions.

For those looking for an alternative, I would recommend shopping.mileageplus.com. Most of the retailers offer the same level of points and when you factor in that MileagePlus are more valuable, the question is why weren't doing it to begin with? I've used and the points are entered into your account within a week not the months we were experiencing here. You can always transfer the MileagePlus to Marriott.

emptynest2013 Gold 9 Reviews

will Marriott be starting another or similar program in which rewardmember can shop with partners to earn points? Even though they were very slow to post points on that site it was a great way to pick up a few extra points to help out with a points stay here or there.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Incoming Links