15 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2017 7:17 PM by indytors RSS

New Badges program -- is it retroactive?

amdpac Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Hey everyone!

I've been a loyal Marriott customer since waaaaaaayyy back in the day -- I worked for a Residence Inn through the end of high school and throughout my undergrad studies. A few years later, my significant other was also a longtime Marriott employee, and we took advantage of the (generous!) employee discount and traveled every chance we got. This eventually led me to invest in the Marriott Premiere credit card (and the points I accumulated from using it over the years have earned me not one, but TWO free stays at the Casa Magna Marriott Resort in Cancun!) Anyway, all this is to say: I've stayed at a LOT of Marriotts, over a LOT of years.

So when I saw this new Badges program, I was hoping that, at the very least, I could receive credit for all the stays that were available in the history of my rewards membership or Premiere card - but I don't see any information about that anywhere! Marriott has always been excellent about rewarding loyalty, so why would a small program like this be any different? (Unless I'm missing something?)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New Badges program -- is it retroactive?
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi amdpac.  Welcome to the forum!  Unfortunately, the badges cannot be added in for previous stays.  You will begin earning the badges after you have opted into the program via your online account. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

What's going on the badges lately? I've noticed they still appear on the account overview, but when you click to "view all," the badges section of the "account activity" page is gone. While it's not a big deal if they disappear, it would be nice to know what's happening.

nationwide Platinum

Had the same issue bejacob and thought it was just because I was reading it on my phone.  I checked on my laptop just now and confirmed the same issue.  Good question. 

erc Platinum

So right you are, erc. I'll admit they gave me a ready-made excuse to try a bunch of different brands (not that I really needed one). Appuli, mansi, collectas (Latin for I visited, I stayed, I collected - not quite as catchy as veni, vidi, vici ). 

Now what?

indytors Silver

Yep same boat here too, there is a bug with the badges.

Snail5930 Gold

Same with me.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

And I have not yet received my much coveted FFI badge.

mustanggt Platinum

For some reason the badges have not appeared for the past two weeks.  When you click on badges on the account overview all the badges display for a nano second and then disappear.  As such, I know they are still there but they just don't want to show there faces...Suddenly got shy I guess.  Either that or they are now working on the Delta badge for bejacob and it brought the entire badge system down!

Oh, if that were only the case, mustanggt.

Last time I was able to see them for more than a second, there was still no Delta badge. Other than the Edition brand, I've got the rest. Beside the bragging rights, collecting these silly badges got me 800 points closer to LTP . On the plus side, even before Marriott introduced these, I mentioned somewhere on this site that I wanted to visit as many brands as possible. I guess in that sense, the badges do at least document my "accomplishment."

brand badges.PNG

mustanggt Platinum

Nice accomplishment bejacob.  I didn't know about these badges until this past January when I finally signed up.  In the past 12 months I've collected all the brand badges except for 3. I might as well go after the last 3.

You've piqued my curiosity, mustanggt. Which 3 brands are you missing? Probably Edition. What else?

mustanggt Platinum

Edition, Gaylord and JW.  I've never stayed at either of the first two.  I have stayed at JW's a couple dozen times, but not since I signed up for the badges.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

bejacob that is a disgusting array of badges....you should be ashamed of yourself for all the copy and paste you did in that post!   Not only do you collect an incredible number of County Seat cards you also have many Marriott.....bravo.

indytors Silver

Any word when the  badges will be up so view of  the mobile app?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...