5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 22, 2016 1:52 PM by monisame RSS

Hotel program matching

srhackett Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

HI

This is the first year I won't have platinum status in a long time!  Probably not even gold.  I do have diamond on Hilton - how can I get Marriott to match?  Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hotel program matching
    droma Platinum

I've heard that it is very unlikely for Marriott to offer matching to other programs.  The good news is that you'll only drop to Gold due to Marriott's soft landing.  With that, you'll still retain many of the benefits of Platinum!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

srhackett Platinum

thanks.   Hilton matched Marriott last year - so I had hoped I could do the reverse. 

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi srhackett,

To answer your question, Marriott does not match with other hotel programs (aside from SPG once the merger was announced). The closest thing that Marriott offers to status matching are status challenges, which if completed, can bring you one level higher than your current status. If you'd like to be enrolled in a status challenge after January, please reach out and we'll be glad to have our team look into enrolling your account in a challenge.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

How close are you to Platinum?  If you're close, Marriott often renews you at Platinum.  They've done it for me 2 or 3 times.  It can help to ask at the Elite Help line.

monisame Platinum

Marriot does not match another programs status!!! (aside from SPG, of course). One way to reach  a better status is to enter in chalenges.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...