3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 24, 2016 6:44 AM by erc RSS

Wailea Marriott Renovation

sfcitygirk Gold
Currently Being Moderated

HI,

we have been to the Wailea before, prior to the constructio.  Does anyone have inside info on how it looks now?  I am curious if you guys would recommend the property post renovation.

THanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Wailea Marriott Renovation
    bacon14 Platinum

Hi SFCitygirk, we just returned from a week stay at the Wailea Marriot a few weeks ago.  I didn't stay at the hotel previously but we really enjoyed the hotel this trip even though there was still a bit of construction going on.  The room was very clean and modern, one of the few times I'd say the room pictures truly are a good representation of what you'll find.  The new slide/pool was still under construction, however we really enjoyed the 18 and over salt water serenity pool.  The new pool side restaurant was open and we found the food we had to be excellent quality especially for a "pool side" restaurant.  My husband had the catch of the day several nights and for $26.  He is really hard to impress with food but he really enjoyed the meals he had here.  The elevator situation is still odd if you are in one of the outer buildings and trying to figure out how to get there without stairs.  The parking lot is still extremely tight and unless you have the smallest rental, most don't fit well in the parking spots.

If you like clean/modern, I think you'll really like the improvements they've made.

Cheers!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews

We arrived at this resort yesterday for a Holiday stay. Hotel told me they are "sold out". Some rooms are empty due to construction, but the room we were given is new (2 weeks old since Reno) and is really great. We were given a upgrade to a larger room with a partial Ocean view, which was terrific. The Staff has been fabulous, and the pool slide is open, which is a real plus for my kids.

The food is also, as someone else said, really good.

We have more days on our stay, and the property is so much improved since our stay last year. I would definitely recommend it.

erc Platinum

stelzer001

Terrific report, once again highlighting the value of Insiders, up to date, reliable info, appreciated by all.

And to you, our Joe Btfsplk Yes, folks, Joe Btfsplk has been named the official meteorologist for ...of the forum, way to go, a fantastic holiday vacation is in your sights.

Have a great time, you deserve it (given your travel schedule, your booking power, and your almost inevitable bad luck dealing with the Marriott Machine). Hopefully this keeps you providing your insightful contributions in 2017, I thought we had lost you there a couple of times . Keep on keepin' on .

ps- lot of bigtime openings at Goldman, they could use a good numbers man (I hear Marriott gives them the BEST rooms ) Happy Holidays

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...