2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 29, 2016 8:39 PM by laketahoe RSS

Owner paying cash for weekend at MVC property?

hibbarme Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

I am a current owner but am planning to take a girls trip in a few months and am interested in staying at an MVC property. (I want to save my destination points for a family vacation.) Does anyone know how to go about this? Would I just book what's available on marriott.com? (as sometimes MVC properties are) Or would I need to go through my MVC representative? Wasn't sure if there are any discounts or anything available to owners.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Owner paying cash for weekend at MVC property?
    AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Good question, hibbarme,

You might consider one of the two options below, pulled from: How Vacation Club Points Work | Marriott Vacation Club.

You can bank or borrow for even greater flexibility.

Got an idea for a truly epic vacation? Plan on bringing a big group this year? No problem. As a timeshare Owner in the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations program, if your vacation plans call for more Vacation Club Points than your annual allotment, you can enjoy the flexibility to borrow from the following year's balance to be used toward this year's vacation. Or, will your schedule only allow for a short vacation this year? You won't lose any Vacation Club Points; you can bank the remainder for use next year, if you like.

You can add Vacation Club Points at any time.

As your life changes, your vacation ownership can evolve right along with you. Plus, as your vacation portfolio grows, you can achieve elevated Owner benefit levels with Marriott Vacation Club — and enjoy enhanced benefits such as access to VIP weekends, select The Ritz-Carlton Club locations, luxury cruises, Marriott Rewards® upgrades and more.

You can also learn how Vacation Club owners can apply their room rental costs toward adding Vacation Club Points to their current ownership when booking without MVC points as you eluded to. See the link below for details.

Timeshare Special | View Vacation Ownership Specials | Marriott Vacation Club

Hope this helps!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Owner paying cash for weekend at MVC property?
    laketahoe Platinum 3 Reviews

There is a 25% to 35% discount on rental depending on your ownership level.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...