6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2016 5:04 PM by iahflyr RSS

Residence Inn, Colonial Blvd, Ft. Meyers and Sanibel

mrsbean Gold
Currently Being Moderated

FIRST in over 20 years bad Marriott Experience. 

Arrived 1:00pm for reservation in Sanibel on Thanksgiving.  Hotel disaster, renovation going on, couches in the driveway, bulbs missing, pool furniture -- not good.  The hotel staff was extremely apologetic, and set about transferring our reservation to Residence Inn Colonial Blvd., Fort Meyers about 20 minutes away.  We had Dinner reservations one mile away    I was present when the gal called the hotel, and she booked exactly what we booked, I personally then confirmed by phone when I gave my card.  We went to check in.  That was the beginning of one thing after another.

2nd property looks much better but the reservation is messed up they had us staying 1 day.  Fixed.  Bathroom mold  in one, and mold and tub not working.  How did housekeeper clean if tub wasn't working?   Fixed tub, sprayed bleach for mold. 

Ultimate upset Securty issue.  Left card on door, have picture.  Housekeeping enters even though we had sign there.  Desk says maybe miscommunication.   Not happy. 

Unfortunately I cannot answer for Residence Inn Sanibel and cannot accommodate anything. I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience you’ve experienced during your trip to Fort Myers. Upon check in I myself checked you in verifying the amount of nights from the booking Residence Inn Sanibel made for you and your family. It was originally set for 2 rooms one night each. Of course we had no issue extending your reservations for a few more days the following day. Upon check in we did a free upgrade with no additional charge for both rooms.

Sorry, no my reservation was thru Saturday night, total 3 nights.  I have the confirmation.  Reservations for 2 -1 bedroom queen bed suites, ground floor, and that is what we had.  There was NO upgrade, what would there be an additional charge for?

Received several emails from Assistant GM.  I have to reiterate that in no way did I ask for additional accommodation, and I most certainly referenced all corrected items in my complaint, the majority of which were targeted at the Sanibel property.   I am extremely upset that it was implied I am looking for additional accommodation, I am not.  Most "accommodations" they stated they made were instituted after the complaint was emailed.   The note certainly gives the feeling that we complained, they made accommodations, and we complained anyway.  This was absolutely not the case.  In fact, I even withdrew an unfavorable review  by stating that corrections were made. 

We had asked for a 4:00pm late checkout, the hotel was far from full.

I got a note back:

I can honor 1:30 for both rooms.

And finally:

Mr/Mrs.

This situation has been submitting to customer care at this point. Again I am sorry all the inconvenience

you’ve experienced with both hotels. I’ve done everything on my end to make your stay as comfortable

as possible yet you are finding errors in everything I do and say. Any other concerns can be resolved with

customer care. I am not going to disagree any more. I hope you can enjoy the rest of the year.

Happy Holidays. 

To which I replied:

Happy Holidays to you as well

Best,

No one contacted me as of today 12-19-16, so I called customer service who informed me that the process is this, you complain, they refer it back to the hotel that you made the complaint about.  They do whatever they do however, corporate does nothing further.  I'm stunned.  Points not the object, service the object. We didn't receive the level of service normally realized at a Marriott. 

We stay often, mostly at Residence Inn because of our 3 lb dog. I have NEVER ever had to be on the phone with India for over 30 minutes to get internet working that was supposed to be free and upgraded, yet went out every night at midnight and we had to start again.  I have never been at a Marriott where they had to come in and bleach both bathrooms, as well as fix a ceased tub spout (how on earth did housekeeping clean it if the tub spout wasn't working?), and the final blow, have housekeeping enter my room while I am not there even when I left a sign asking them not to. 

So, what was I asking of customer service?  To have a look at the property they lease the name to (another first for me, not a Marriott owned property) and figure it out.  To say we're sorry, we expect better than that as well.  They are clearly not going to do that.  Sad experience.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Residence Inn
Fort Meyers
  • Re: Residence Inn, Colonial Blvd, Ft. Meyers and Sanibel
    AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Sounds frustrating; very sorry to hear about this.

If you'd like to send me a direct message with your Rewards number and the reservation numbers from these stays, I can share this with the appropriate team for review.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mrsbean Gold

Andrew, would be happy to send the info.  Again, not looking for anything, the hotel did add points and refund a fee (I did not request this however, I  did acknowledge and thank the Ft. Myer's hotel in my email correspondence).  So what I was looking for was a corporate to acknowledge the problem,  look at the property management,  and perhaps apologize.  From my conversation with them today, I'm pretty certain that isn't going to happen. 

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

While I have not stayed at the RI near the Sanibel Causeway I have stayed at the RI on Colonial Blvd and found it to be an okay hotel.  Sorry to read of your experience and over Thanksgiving weekend as well which I'm sure did not help.  I did look at the hotel website and it does say at the top of the "Choose a Room Rate" section that they are undergoing renovation even though little or not interruption does not sound like what you found upon arrival.

Renovation Information – We are upgrading your guest experience at the Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel. Little to no interruption should be expected, but work activity may be noticed thru January 2017.

You should be compensated with some bonus points for your situation. 

It is maddening to have the "Do Not Disturb" sign on your door and then find out that your room has in fact been entered.  However; if you advised the property of the bathtub situations in your rooms and wanted it corrected you might have left the sign inside the room as maintenance most likely needed access to the room.  

If you return to the Ft. Myers again you may want to look at the Residence Inn Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center: Fort Myers Extended Stay Hotels that opened in the fall of 2014, which has become my go to spot when I'm in Ft. Myers four or five times a year.   Not once have I had anything close to less than an outstanding stay at this location.  The staff is AMAZING and the property is spotless.  I know it's not close to the beaches or Sanibel if you're looking for that type of location, but it's very close to the airport and I-75.  You can easily get to Ft. Myers Beach in 20 minutes and Sanibel Causeway in 25 minutes.

It is surprising that you've never stayed in a property that is a Marriott franchise (or did not know) as there are a great number of franchise Marriott properties all across the U.S. I hope that you don't have anything similar happen to you such as this event again.

Please keep us updated on your progress to a resolution and do fight for some compensation.

mrsbean Gold

Thank you so much, we saw that RI when we headed over to Bass Pro Shops, we noted it looked new, and was filled with cars.  We will try that next visit

Regarding entering our room, the maintenance request was not made until after the fact.

The Sanibel location, we called, spoke with the manager and she confirmed that there was renovation going on, if you could see the pictures, you  would get a clear idea that this was not in any way "Little or no interruption"   The manager was spectacular.  The rest of the staff on arrival couldn't have been more professional and quickly handled changing our hotel, since they are so close together, my only wish would have been if we had stayed at the new one off 75. 

The mismanagement --   second property.  Our entire stay there was guarded,  pretty much ruined our Thanksgiving holiday.  Every time I brought something to the assistant manager's attention it was turned around.  It got so we felt there was no point in saying any more, and I think the assistant manager felt the same.  This was certainly not the experience I generally have. 

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Next time do make a point to stay at the Gulf Coast Town Center and tell Samantha she better take excellent care of you or she'll have to deal with me on my next visit.

peymanagement Platinum

I am so glad that i switched from Ft Myers to Clearwater for that week. I was booked into the Sanebel but we got hockey tickets in Tampa and moved further north. We had a great experience up there.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...