17 Replies Latest reply: Dec 21, 2016 4:29 PM by nismoztuner RSS

1 night to go for Platinum Elite

Elite#1 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I will complete 74 nights for 2016 and will miss platinum elite by 1 night. I am thinking to use my points for staying 1 night somewhere before year end. Staying 1 night with points, will it count towards my platinum nights needed (75 nights). Please advice, otherwise I need to spend money to stay for 1 night.

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Newark, DE
  • Re: 1 night to go for Platinum Elite
    bacon14 Platinum

Yes!!!!  If you use points for a stay, you will get the elite night credit and hit platinum status!

Cheers

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Elite#1 Platinum

Thanks!!!

troytraveler Silver

using points for one night will count.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

Using points for one night will count.  This is the first year that points stays count so you can thank Marriott for this enhancement to the program.   This is one of the many improvements to the program in recent years.

peymanagement Platinum

Before you do anything call them up and plead your case that you tried to reach plat but fell one short, i did that and they made me plat. otherwise using points at a really low awards place if there is one in the area is a good deal.

mustanggt Platinum

Heck, it's the holidays.  Treat yourself to a redemption at a higher end property and really pamper yourself knowing that your reward will be Platinum status.  Also, certain hotels in select locations actually expeience low occupancy during the holidays, so you can score a really low rate if you shop around and use special rates such as AAA, senior, etc.

troytraveler Silver

What property is the best deal for redeeming Marriott points?

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

troytraveler that is a good question and it would depend on what you have in your local area unless you're looking to travel and then you'd need to decide where you wanted to travel to find the best place to redeem points?

So pick a few areas you're thinking of and I'll bet money you'll get some great Insider ideas.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

it also depends on how many points you want to use. If it just to get the added night go Fairfield

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

And if the question is "best property" meaning in general such as RI, FFI, CY etc., then that is a different question again though location will play a big part as well.

j&c Platinum

Category 1 properties require 7,500 points redeemed - our first choice for best deals. Search https://www.marriott.com/hotel-search/Category1.hotels/ and select which state you plan to visit. If the list includes more than 20 properties, page down to the bottom of the first page and select 40 properties. Then I like to map the locations or sort by brand. Often I search for Cat 2 properties (require 10,000 points) Shop and Book Marriott Hotels and pay the extra 2,500 for a better location. Also check, https://www.marriott.com/rewards/marriottRewardsPointSavers.mi for PointSaver discounts. Last December, we stayed in a Cat 2 Fairfield in Jacksonville, NC for Cat1 redemption. C

kiki2 Platinum

Yes, you get credit for the "stay" when you use points.

Do you have the Marriott credit card?  You get 15 nights on the anniversary of the card which goes toward the 75 nights needed for Platinum status. 

jayden Platinum

I am 12 days more to reach platinum level and since I've signed up for the double elite night promotion i will need about 6 nights (6 nights x 2) to achieve this. I am planning to book 6 nights using points redemption and wondering if such stay considered as elite nights? Just double confirm before I proceed with booking.

Thanks!

guidedog613 Platinum 6 Reviews

"Get Rewards in the express lane. Earn Double Elite Night Credits for every paid stay, worldwide."

You only get double nights for paid stays not points redemption...just the one for one on points.

jayden Platinum

Thanks a lot !!!

nismoztuner Platinum

i wasn't aware of this. My Gf and i have been on a mission to get me to platinum- had 7 nights left last month.. i need 3 more nights up to now

I have 2 rooms booked for new years in Sf, i know it will only count for one elite night- but what i want is to be platinum at time of check in.. so i need to be platinum before i check in on the 31st.

Elite#1 Platinum

Thanks all for your guide !!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...