3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 20, 2016 2:02 PM by monisame RSS

Tiered Member Rates based on Marriott Rewards Status Level

danar Gold 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Has any consideration been given to having "Tiered" member rates based on your Marriott Rewards status "Level" (i.e. Platinum, Gold, Silver or Member)?

The cheapest rate would be for Platinum level members, then Gold etc.  I feel this would be a nice perk for those of us consistently loyal to Marriott year in and year out.

Why should just a "Member" get the same member rate as somebody at the Platinum level?  It doesn't seem fair.

Any thoughts?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Tiered Member Rates based on Marriott Rewards Status Level
    jcwilson Platinum

Hi @danar, If you stay often in the same hotel, I would recommend contacting that hotel's sales manager and negotiating a rate contract.  I've done that and it is fairly easy.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

danar Gold 2 Reviews

Thanks for the reply but I'm looking for this benefit on a global basis, not just for a specific property.  I stay at a number of different hotels and trying to negotiate a rate at all of them would be very time consuming.

monisame Platinum
    • Good Point.  Totally agree. Of course it will be a nice add  for us !!!  Sometimes you can find promotional rates for elites but for all the elites members that includes silver, gold and platinum. Hope we can get this kind of touch in the near future.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...