2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2017 7:10 PM by blava007 RSS

New JW in Singapore - anyone been there?

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I just booked the new JW in Singapore for a 2017 business trip.  My event is actually at the Marina Bay Sands but I'm trying to be loyal to Marriott.  There is also a RC nearby that is actually cheaper than the JW, but it doesn't participate in MR or RC Rewards.  So probably no point in staying there.  And of course Singapore has the famed Raffles Hotel but that is over $500 USD a night - ouch!

Anyone know anything about the new JW in Singapore?  It just opened this month, I think.  The Marina Bay Sands looks excellent and is quite a bit less expensive, so I might have to just suck it up and not choose a Marriott property this time....just not sure at this point.  The Marriott flagship property is not in the right location, although I know Singapore has an excellent subway system and is easy to get aroun

When I got the reservation confirmation, I got a link to the site in the link, below.  Maybe Marriott always does this and I'm just now noticing?  At first I thought it was Singapore-specific and had info such as "don't chew gum or you will get caned" but it's more geared toward the global traveler visiting developing countries.  Not sure Singapore fits in that category, but interesting nonetheless:

The Responsible Tourist | Ethics and Social Responsibility

Any Singapore tips would be helpful as well.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Singapore, Singapore The Ritz-Carlton The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore
  • Re: New JW in Singapore - anyone been there?
    nitelite Gold

Singapore is outstanding VERY SAFE  great food along north Quay try to eat at hawker shops its on food channel google it I stay at the fairmont next to Raffles but easy walking around and bus system is good  english speaking everywhere enjoy

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New JW in Singapore - anyone been there?
    blava007 Platinum

Clebert,

I would suggest you stay at the Sands Hotel for at-least one night, that will provide you with an access to the "Roof-top Pool", a surely one-of kind experience with fantastic views, etc. 

Also, Marina is convenient to others places as well.  

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...