6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2016 4:31 PM by bacon14 RSS

Moderator Approval

bacon14 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

ersStarting today anything I post requires moderator approval in order to actually post.  Did I inadvertently say something to offend someone and now have to be censored??  Thanks! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Moderator Approval
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

No. A week or two ago, this site was hit with a spam attack. Hundreds of posts in Korean flooded the site over a period of an hour or two. At that time, the moderators essentially locked down the site to prevent further occurrences. A large number of Insiders will see their posts being moderated. Blame it on the spammers.

This is not the first time something like this has happened. Here's an announcement from last year when the same thing happened. Why is my post ‘awaiting approval’?

We actually had a bit of laugh about it after the fact Grandpa, what did you do during the Great Spam War of 2015?

I'm not sure what is required to have the moderation requirement lifted from an Insider's account. Just know that it wasn't anything you did. Perhaps carat or AndrewT can get your name off the "moderated" list so you'll be able to post without moderator approval.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bacon14 Platinum

Thank you bejacob!!!  The first time I noticed it was when I posted about coconut margaritas and thought well maybe the classic margarita fan club thought I needed to be stopped

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

No, IAHFLYR and I are both members of the margarita fan club. Ain't nothin' wrong with that bacon14, coconut or otherwise. brightlybob even got a "guest" membership to the club when he and I visited the Riverwalk in San Antonio this summer. Good times.

Hopefully the moderating of posts is a temporary thing. It's a hassle, I'm sure, but the spam attacks are way worse.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Oh yes we are!!!!!  Nothing wrong with a great Rita being mentioned nor posted particularly on a sunset sail with Trilogy from Maui!! 

TOTALLY C.jpg

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi bacon14,

bejacob is on the right track here as usual. You should be all set now; apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks

bacon14 Platinum

No inconvenience at all!  Just glad to know the why and have it resolved.

Thank you!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...