9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 18, 2016 10:09 AM by Snail5930 RSS

Questions about Spring Megabonus

Snail5930 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I have already written in another thread, now it is formulated as a question :

I have a reservation between 11.april to 16.april in Rome. Will I get double points for this stay (15 april is the end of the promotion)?

I booked two rooms, will take double points for both?

I could not find an answer in terms of promotion.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Questions about Spring Megabonus
    troytraveler Silver

If you look under terms and conditions for the promotion, it states "• Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay." So the answer is, the double points will apply to one room only.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Snail5930 Gold

Yes, but this is for nights or stay, not for points.

troytraveler Silver

So if they only count one room, they will only count points for that room. The other room would not count.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Right on the money, troytravelerAny promotions offering bonuses for nights or stays only count the room the member personally occupies each night. Hope this helps, Snail5930, please feel free to let me know if this brings up more questions.

troytraveler Silver

Do i have have 3 stays to get the bonus? Will i get the bonus for 2 stays?

Snail5930 Gold

Ok carat but my promotion is for double points, not for stays. Does this mean I will get points for both rooms.

And the second question: if I leave the hotel shortly after the end of the promotion, will I participate in this promotion?

troytraveler Silver

Promotion only applies to one room. You get double points based on how much you paid for that one room during your stay. For example if your bill was $500 total, you get 1000 points.

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi Snail5930,

troytraveler is spot on - you will earn double points for your personal room only.

To answer your second question, if the promotion comes to an end during one of your stays, the nights of this stay spent prior to the end of the promotion period will count towards the MegaBonus. The nights of this stay that come after the end of the promotion period will not earn double or bonus points.

Snail5930 Gold

Thanks for the answers.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...