7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 25, 2016 3:21 PM by brightlybob RSS

What can I expect in a UK Marriott that has no lounge?

boingboing Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hello Insiders

I am sitting on 74 nights and decided not to risk phoning up and begging for Platinum and so booked a night between Christmas and NY at a fairly local Marriott here in the UK. Disappointingly, but perhaps not surprisingly, this one doesn't have a lounge. I've looked at the Gold benefits on the website and it's rather ambiguous about whether or not I'll be offered a free breakfast. The list of benefits says "Guaranteed lounge access and breakfast for two" but if there's no lounge, does that mean no breakfast?

If so, I'm rather wondering what incentives there are in the UK for having gold or platinum status.

Thanks in advance.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What can I expect in a UK Marriott that has no lounge?
    seatexan Platinum

brightlybob might be able to help you out with this one. 

I think you still get free breakfast but it will be in the restaurant.  I am not sure which one you booked but sometimes if you go on TripAdvisor and look it up, the reviews might give you a hint.  You can type in Breakfast or Benefits into the review search on the site to narrow things down.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

boingboing Platinum

Thanks SeaTexan

It's glorious Huntingdon and I had a quick look in TA before I booked but didn't see any hints.

I'd be happy with standard breakfast in the restaurant. Otherwise my penny pinching husband will turn up with a Tupperware of granola and a bottle of milk.

seatexan Platinum

You are right! I couldn't find much.  Normally an elite member has a comment on the breakfast...

I did find something from Nov 2015:

Elite Rewards members get preferred rooms and a 10 GBP coupon towards food/drink.

trevfour Platinum

I'll beat brightlybob on this one. Not stayed at Huntington, but at all other UK Marriotts without a lounge, we've always been offered full breakfast in the restuarant, staying as both a gold and a platinum member.

monisame Platinum

Well if the hotel does not have a CL, at UK  you will enjoy  free breakfast at the Restaurant seven days a week . This is guarantee !!!!  Just ask for the benefit.

boingboing Platinum

Thank you to everybody who took the time to respond and to let me know.

Looks like I can tell my hubby to leave his granola and bottle of milk at home this time.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Looks like everyone beat me to this one! But thanks for the shoutouts.

I have stayed at Huntingdon a couple of times, the last time in Spring. If I recall correctly I received a voucher for a free drink in the bar and free full breakfast in the restaurant. I think I was upgraded to a larger room.

Gold/Plat benefits in U.K./EU Marriott's that have no lounge are typically a room upgrade to something slightly bigger, corner or superior rooms and free full breakfast in the restaurant. A few years ago they all offered free drink vouchers but this is becoming rarer.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...