1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 18, 2016 6:03 PM by mustanggt RSS

Unused Certificate = 1 Bonus (Promotional) Night?

shakennotstirred Gold 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

The dilemma of unused Certificates (at any Category level) occasionally comes up.  I looked for other posts around this topic and found mostly ideas suggesting the possibility of some amount of points being rewarded for unused certs.  What about awarding 1 Bonus Night for the expired cert?  It may have been discussed already, but I just couldn't find it.  The 1 Night valuation would seem fair from the company standpoint since the cert is by definition a free night.  It would certainly be better than the current situation where expired cert = nil.  I, for one, would accept any help, however small, toward the ever-elusive Lifetime status!

Does anyone recall whether this suggestion has already been discussed then allowed to slowly drift away into death by archive?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Unused Certificate = 1 Bonus (Promotional) Night?
    mustanggt Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

I don't know the answer to your underlying question.  However, if you have a free night certificate that is about to expire, I would encourage you to call the Marriott Rewards service folks and request an extension.  They have been accommodating in the past and may very well grant you a one-time extension of the expiration date.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...