3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2016 8:58 AM by clebert RSS

Converting points to delta sky miles question

bradsmith1111 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am just under 10k delta sky miles away from a flight for my wife and I. I am considering using the Marriott rewards feature to convert 30k Marriott rewards points to 10k delta sky miles. I have never done this before because the conversion isn't great but I think it makes sense to me in this instance. My question is if anyone is familiar with how long the "order" takes for the sky miles to appear in my account? I do not want to place the sky miles order if it is going to take a significant amount of time and risk the award travel rate to jump up, thus wasting the conversion. Hoping someone has experience. Thanks for your help in advance.

Brad

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Converting points to delta sky miles question
    insertcoffee Platinum

I've not done this, and I did not know we could do so with Marriott points, but I've just looked it up on the website, and it says it can take six weeks. I have no personal experience to compare with this.

As an aside, I do know that you *cannot* do the reverse (convert DL miles to SPG miles) because I looked at trying to do that a few weeks ago. I have an abundance of DL miles and it would have been a great thing if possible.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

While the process says it can take up to six weeks, in practice it's usually no more than a week. I think the one time I did a similar transaction, it was only a few days.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

I've never converted to Delta, but I've done a few different conversions to United, and those only took a couple of days to process.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...