46 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2017 10:43 AM by seatexan RSS

Negative Monthly Activity?

nmballoonist Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Today I logged into the Insiders Site after a couple of months of being MIA.  It was interesting to note that while my activity ranking was 130th with zero points, I was not at the bottom.  college16 was shown as 131 with -1 points.  Maybe a new twist on a point race, rather than liking all posts and following everyone to be ranked number one, maybe we can have a race to the bottom once it's known how to get negative points!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Negative Monthly Activity?
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I Too am on nil and at number 130 with @college plumb bottom at number 131 with -1. I've liked many posts this month and many of my posts have also been liked but neither my personal or monthly totals have increased at all! At least I've not been such a bad boy  our college man who has managed to have nights deducted, eh

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I'm tied with both of you at the lofty 130th spot.  I consider myself to be fortunate to be that high up on the list.

Wonder if anyone has amassed 8,000 points for the month?

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

You earn negative points when a post is deleted, either by the MRI poster of by the monitors.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Yep last month I was like number 1000 with zero points then suddenly went to number ten . This month back at zero

nmballoonist Platinum

I would think this would be a net zero. A plus one for the post then a minus one when deleted.  Maybe it's like some standardized tests where you get one point for a correct answer and minus two for an incorrect answer (to keep you from guessing). Ah, one of the mysteries of life.

erc Platinum

Just back from a good dinner, dialed in on this internet thingy, saw this thread and decided I would join the chowderhead club and check my score (apparently nmballoonist went a bit too high on his last flight ).

I looked at my score and HOLY COW, Just like IAHFLYR predicted, I scored 8,000 widgets.

I am in 1st Place! (prove otherwise). I checked my e-mail and sure enough, caymangal had sent me a Direct Message and had donated several of hers (all within Rules and Regulations 16B - ask the barrister above, if he hasn't consumed mass quantities of Peroni he'll provide you with the stare decisis).

FILE0069.JPG

Belted Galloway - courtesy of painedplatinum  (I believe I got 147 widgets for real animal photo)

I didn't pop any champagne, out of respect for nationwide's feelings, because I know when he finds out, he'll be sad .  Good night to all, I'm going to work on my cold fusion project.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Now that's a good lookin' animal!

mustanggt Platinum

I have zero points as well, but my ranking is 134 not 130.  I guess my zero is not as valuable as everyone else.

seatexan Platinum

We are tied mustanggt! The poor guy below me has -1 and has for a very long time.

Yee haw, I've made it to 140 on the list with ZERO points.

j&c Platinum

We've got you beat, IAHFLYR as we're #151 with zero! And for the past several months of (infrequent) posting, we've achieved ZERO Monthly Credits each month. Hey AndrewT carat ? Can you please check to see why? Thank-you, C   

Not so fast j&c as I'm not 152 after your last post!

j&c Platinum

But we are! Just dropped to 152 after adding several posts! C

I'm down to 155 now, keep posting and I'll drop even more j&c.

bacon14 Platinum

AndrewT can you help me figure out why anything I post has to be approved?  I can't even send you a direct message or start a new conversation.  Thanks!

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Hello again bacon14, lovely to see you back on the boards.

Generally pre-authorisation occurs where accounts have been dormant a while, but I can vouch for this one AndrewT carat as bacon14 very kindly gave me her United Lounge passes sending them onto my hotel with a lovely card welcoming me to the USA.

Thanks again bacon14 and I really hope you're removed from the pre-authorisation list very soon!

bacon14 is a winner so release her please from the pre-authorization list today, this day!!

AZDesertRat Platinum

IAHFLYR Perhaps a silly question, but what is monthly ranking, where is it found, and what is its significance or value?  I don't see any sign of it after searching under "Activity" and other locations.

AZDesertRat,

Not a silly question at all, just look below our esteemed "Featured Insider" and you'll see the list of monthly activity points.

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

OK - I thought I knew most navigation on MRI, but can someone give me the navigation path to "Featured Insider"?

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi there,

Below is the link to the newest Featured Insider post, which can also be found on the Insiders home page in the right-side column.

Say hello to your new Featured Insider!

AZDesertRat Platinum

I clicked on the link, and say the great photo of our esteemed latest Featured Insider, but found no ranking list.  Are "monthly activity points" important?  Is hiding the list from me a strategy?

nmballoonist Platinum

On the Rewards Insider home page, right under the Featured Insider, there should be a listing of the Monthly Activity Points where you can see how you are doing.  Not sure why you don't see.  The points are not important (as far as I know) and just let you see who has been posting.  I made my initial post about the negative points because some of our members went to great lengths to get the "coveted" #1 ranking.  There was a rather lengthy discussion about this as to whether it was proper to like all posts and follow everyone, in order to score points which give you absolutely nothing.  I was being a bit tongue in cheek when I suggested a race to the bottom.

So you are not missing out on any strategy.

AZDesertRat Platinum

Thanks, but no matter what I do, no monthly activity listing appears, so something is amiss.  My last shot will be to try a different browser and see if that brings it up.  AndrewT - I don't care about a ranking report, but I hope I'm not missing other items of interest or importance.

bacon14 Platinum

Thanks to the moderators for removing me from one of the many naughty lists I'm on!!  A few vacations and piles of work took me away from the fun happening here.  Now if we could get an app for the Marriott Insiders, that would be excellent!

mustanggt Platinum

I think the moderators have finally figured out what the rest of us already know...Everything is better with bacon!

bacon14 Platinum

IMG_3215.JPG

seatexan Platinum

hahahaha! it sure does!

Any Insiders make it lower than I am, currently 182nd?   How low can we go?

bacon14 Platinum

We're tied!!!  It says I'm 182nd with 0 credits

"Keep on Keepin' on Insiders"!!!

seatexan Platinum

182 as well! woot woot!

nmballoonist Platinum

182 here too!  Glad to be in such distinguished company.

mustanggt Platinum

I have zero, but I'm 185th.  Yikes, I guess some zeros are better than others!

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

number 207 just ahead of negative 1

mustanggt Platinum

Hey AZDesertRat try the following: Click on your name on theta of the Insiders page, click on Edit Preferences, look at the first item listed "landing page" and make sure it is set to "home".  You should then be able to see the featured insider and the monthly scoreboard.

AZDesertRat Platinum

mustanggt  Many thanks.  It was set to "Inbox."  Changing it as you instructed worked.  Since it says I'm 186th, your advice did not change our relative rankings, although if we both have zero, shouldn't we be tied?

mustanggt Platinum

This morning I am now tied with you at 186...Yippee.

And I'm ahead of you at 191......wonder if this is an Insider Christmas bonus for the lowest number on Christmas morning?

monisame Platinum

Behind you at 196

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

You seemed to have moved up the rankings in the last few days.

Yes Sir, but I am still "rank"!

seatexan Platinum

j&c Platinum

And now, after more posting and sharing and advising and questioning during December, we've dropped to a round 200! J&C

erc Platinum

Since this thread attracts a lot of eyeballs and Insider participation (who knew?!), I thought I'd post here rather than a new post and besides, if you read other posts, you would realize I'm being granted everyone else's posting points and am just a few points away from a certificate (much more valuable than any 'steekin' badges').

Kudos to Bill Marriott, always reluctant to be a 'pioneer' (his saying, "there's a lot of dead pioneers), having the foresight to select Arne at the opportune time when the hospitality industry would require more and more innovation.

Marriott has been generating a lot of praise about being innovative. And sure enough, we've seen some clever ideas implemented and with the acquisition of Starwood, should benefit from their creative thinking as well.

Here's some of the recent innovative concepts Marriott has garnered positive press from;

The use of drones to highlight the lovely J.W. in Palm Springs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=183G3n5Qm3g

The trial 'gravity room' at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott (which I thought was a great hotel even prior to being innovative)
    http://www.travelandleisure.com/hotels-resorts/marriott-gravity-room

And in something that bodes well for Marriott (and hopefully, us, the traveler) if effectively executed,
    The Testbed, an incubator for hospitality innovation.
    Here's a look at the first two programs to roll out for six month trials

Jambo  - a business traveler networking app
    http://jamboapp.co/

Dazzle - an in room voice activated personal assistant
    http://www.bighospitality.co.uk/Business/Marriott-uses-tech-start-ups-to-innovate-its-hotels

All of the above looks pretty cool (or whatever word is used today by the target audience)
      and I'm looking forward to the implementation of them and several others.
    Let's hope they perform better than other innovations

Fresh Bites -
    Spooky Spider Peanut Butter and Jelly - Welch's Blog

Insiders Point Counter -
    Rainbow Bead Abacus | Cozyio Toys

Keep on keepin' on Insiders - we're riding the wave. Great day to be alive

AZDesertRat Platinum

erc - Finally something worth reading and watching on this thread, which I of course ignore for its lack of usefulness - oops - time to get back to work.....

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...