6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2016 10:08 AM by j&c RSS

Marriott Digital Magazines

erc Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

bourbon.JPG

Knowing how much yours truly likes his Old Fashions (appropriate title - eh?), Manhattans and Bourbon flights, one of the younger entrepreneurs (in that famously labelled group, Millennials) I work with, passed this article along to me.

http://marriott-hotels.marriott.com/the-curiosity-issue/taste

Good stuff, but imagine my surprise when I, (who loves to Travel Brilliantly ) see the Marriott logo plastered all over the site. Tsk, tsk. Technology I don't mind being taught, but imagine the slap to my ego, when I, the Marriott lifer, learn about this stuff from a young whipper (which, of course, is why I try to hang with them).

But wait, there's more (and this one I believe I actually posted about earlier)  
which attracted about as much Insiders attention as an AARP magazine in a Moxy lounge.

Now, I don't ask moderation help about Birthday elite nights, tracking down unposted points, or kicking some GM's fanny about my window opening up to a brick wall, so here's my annual request for help from our crack moderation team (although, I'm still interested in hearing about the renewal of the Marriott/United Rewards Plus );

NathalieF, carat  or whoever is on duty; Unless this is a secret society for millennials only,

Five Things I Have Learned As A Millennial Working With Baby Boomers

how can I get on the mailing list for these two (Traveler & Travel Brilliantly)  digital Marriott Travel Magazines?  I promise not to participate with any elderly, out of the target audience views. Thank you.

ps- I have not ruled out that there is a sign up page staring me in the face in each publication (but I can't find it), so fellow Insiders, feel free to lend a hand and show me the light - thanks also.  (is this a "follow" only situation?)

http://marriott-hotels.marriott.com/the-curiosity-issue

http://traveler.marriott.com/

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Digital Magazines
    seatexan Platinum

I didn't know there was... if there is...a sign up for e-mail page.  I just follow on Twitter.  Twitter can be hit or miss... I might miss a tweet and it gets shoved down to the bottom.  This could be why things are tweeted over and over again by some companies.  SO! I just check the websites every now and then. Email notification would be nice!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

I'm with you on this erc, I enjoy a nice glass of bourbon but a flight is always better!    Earlier this year, there were a few events around the country dubbed as the Bourbon Battles.  There was one in NYC, Portland OR and of course Lexington KY.  I'm doing a little poking around to see if there will be more events like this and will let you know what I'm able to find out.  In regards to the digital subscription, you can sign up for email updates for Travel Brilliantly via the bottom of the page on this link: Marriott Digital Magazines.  I do not believe you can sign up for Traveler updates, but looking into that as well. 

erc Platinum

carat     Don't start drinking that bourbon before 10 am though

The link you provided was my post    What Is a Mobius Strip? | Wonderopolis

Ha - it happens to the best of us!  Thanks for the quick response and follow up

I know you'll update and I'll definitely get on the list - good stuff.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hahaha! Thanks for catching that so quickly!! The correct link is: https://travel-brilliantly.marriott.com/ 

I guess my mind was focused on the bourbon.  This past weekend I visited a distillery outside of Austin, TX, Treaty Oaks Distillery, and they had a blended bourbon that was super delicious.  I didn't realize that blending a couple bourbons together for one drink was a thing. Have you heard of it before?

erc Platinum

Thank you for the link (I was, of course, teasing, I know you wait until lunch ).

While you were in your hometown Treaty Oaks, I was likewise in Culpeper, Va. at Belmont Farm Distillery (famous for the tv show Moonshiners). Bourbon folks get touchy about the specs (must be at least 51% corn, new oak barrel and ABV requirements - does not have to be made in Kentucky - a great marketing ploy on the Colonels' part), I have sampled 'blended' bourbons vs. 'straight' (just recently at Smith Bowman in Fredericksburg, Va.) and some can be quite tasty.

As a Virginian, literally used to moonshine, white lightning, and grain - it don't bug me. As Billy Joel would say, back when I wore a younger man's clothes, grain and Welch's grape juice made for a quite an experience. But enough about my demons , thanks for your help.

j&c Platinum

Thanks, carat for posting the link and erc for sharing! We're signed up :-) C

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...