7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 27, 2016 4:24 PM by alwweb RSS

Do you have to followup regularly to get your Sustainable Stay MR Points?

keplertracker Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I'm curious to discover if other MR members have to followup a week later to get their Sustainable Stay points?   From my experience, sometimes the Sustainable Stay points are awarded even before the receipt is emailed over.   And sometimes, I wait two weeks and then have to followup with the property to get my points.   And surprisingly, I have this experience with the same hotel that I stay for business. 

What's your experience?  Seems like the program is a bit hit or miss in awarding MR points.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Do you have to followup regularly to get your Sustainable Stay MR Points?
    nationwide Platinum

keplertracker, I find it very much a hit or miss situation as you describe.  Some hotels get it right every time, and others cause us to chase them repeatedly.  I wish there were some additional compensation (points) that were awarded when they force us to follow up.  I've had a few bonus points thrown my way a few times, but I think a little punitive provision might tighten these awards up nicely. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

keplertracker Platinum

Just want to let this thread know that after 5 days my Sustainable Stay MR points were awarded.   I suspect that the Downtown Philadelphia Courtyard batches all the ST points one day per week. So which day of the week that you checked out matters.   Anyway, just a hypothesis.

mustanggt Platinum

There are several bonus point offers that are batched for processing weekly at a number of hotels.  Sustainable Stay points is one of them.  Another is the bonus points that come with special room rates (i.e. when you get 2,500 points for a particular room type/rate).  Funny how they don't batch for weekly processing the room charges that hit your credit card.  If they have time to process money daily, why can't they process points daily as well???

alwweb Platinum 4 Reviews

Are Sustainable Stay points the ones for skipping room cleaning or something else?

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

So sorry to hear of these frustrations, Insiders!  Should you run into this issue again, feel free to reach out to any of the Community Managers, we can definitely help.  Just send us a quick direct message with your Rewards number and the dates of the stay in question, we'll be able to take a look and make sure the bonus points are added.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...