1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 14, 2016 1:24 PM by carat RSS

Reservations Guarantee - Hotel Not Yet Open

mkmswim28 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

About six months ago, I booked a room for one night at the end of December at the FI Uncasville, CT. This is a brand new property, and at the time of my reservation, was slated to open in November. However, fast forward to today, and the property is now only taking reservations from January on and the hotel page on Marriott.com says it is opening in January 2017. Does this fall under the Ultimate Reservations Guarantee? From reading the T&C, I can't see why it wouldn't. Of course, I have already planned ahead and booked at the nearby CY as backup, but I haven't cancelled this reservation for the reasons above. The FI is closer to where I will be and includes breakfast (unlike the CY) so it is a bit disappointing. Any thoughts on this? Will I get paid due to the reservations guarantee?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Reservations Guarantee - Hotel Not Yet Open
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver
    Currently Being Moderated

Hi mkmswim28.  I'd like to look into this for you and have reached out via direct message. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...