3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2016 11:09 AM by jm1991 RSS

Upgrades

wbwest Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My husband is "surprising" me with a trip to NYC for my 40th birthday.  He had to break down and tell me because I am the Platinum Member and needs my info to book.  My question - this is an occasion where we'd definitely like the Club Level upgrade.  I've never had luck getting the upgrade without being charged for it - even though I have upgrade certificates available.  What's the trick?  Any insider info anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Upgrades
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

wbwest,

Call the property and let them know it's a special occasion (birthday). As a Platinum member, they should offer the upgrade if rooms are available anyway, but the phone call to the concierge should lock it up for you.  Good Luck!!

By the way, which properties are you considering?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

wbwest Platinum

Thank you for your help!  We will most likely be staying at the Ritz Carlton Battery Park.  We stayed there 2 years ago and I've wanted to return ever since.

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

if you have the club level certificates for the Ritz then you should call the ritz reservations line and book it so they can attach the certificates and book you in a club level room. If the club level room is that important, i would not leave it upto luck specially when ritz carlton is known for not upgrading to club level rooms.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...