2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2016 2:10 PM by jerryl RSS

Hotel restaurants

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

we have a couple of times discussed whether we eat in hotel restaurants . I don't often but when I do I find a them  empty . I have a couple of experiences over last two years with two Ma hotels . One in Burlington and one in Newton . The Newton Marriott has both a eating bar area as well as a separate sit down restaurant . The one time I ate in the sit down it was empty. The bar area always seems busy and vibrant with many people eating dinner. The hotel in Burlington has gone to a chops concept with no separate dining room . The last two times I was there including this week it seems to be always busy and vibrant. I ate off a full dinner menu and food was very good . I don't know if this is a trend but at least for this place it seems to be workIng 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hotel restaurants
    mustanggt Platinum

jerryl I don't know if this is a trend or not.  Quite frankly, if it is just me and my wife we prefer to eat at the bar in a lounge.  There is more activity and it is fun to engage the bartender or other patrons in conversation.  It's amazing what you can learn from someone else in the space of an hour or two!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hotel restaurants
      jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I Agree with you as i would prefer the bar area. But the hotels are trying to make a profit and  i cant believe they can when their restaurant is empty. Generally the bar are busy

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...