4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 23, 2016 11:51 AM by AndrewT RSS

Laguna Cliff Marriott Stay

integrated5100 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

10/07/16 -        Deposit - No itemization of pricing; only reflects the additional first night rate of $403.00 (the event rate was not available for the first                       night of our stay.  This is what we added with the above noted change) - there was no further itemization on the prepayment confirmation.

10/07/16  -       Check In - rates were not reviewed by Agent at check-in

10/08/16   -      Upon speaking with other attendees, realized the prepay seemed high.Spoke with Desk Associate (young man with continental first name) and asked to review rates; upon review found they were incorrectly    charged and then explained there must have been confusion as we only accepted a higher rate for the first night when we changed the reservation.  He said to speak with Manager.

Several hours later spoke with Manager (Blond woman) - explained  situation, showed her original reservation, was assured that rate would be adjusted for event stay.

10/09/16 -        Returned to front desk, agent (brunette woman) - said yes, rate had in fact been changed.  And that an adjustment would be reflected in my final bill.

10/12/16  -     Was informed at check out that no credits were issued and we owed new charges - (we knew there would be charges during the  stay but they would have been less that the actual balance if credit had been adjusted properly).  I in fact left a low balance credit card in anticipation of a credit. Upon further review found that we were charged for 2 cars (only had one) - credit since issued Misc. over charge for Resort - credit since issued

Summary

On three separate occasions I spoke with desk personal.  On two occasions I was assured of a forthcoming credit.

Over the course of correspondence I was told that I was informed that only the last night would be adjusted properly.  That was not the case in any of my conversations.

In one correspondence, it was said I had a room with a view.  Many individuals attending the event had rooms with a view.  We filled the hotel. While we're talking about the room; I don't know about the other room reserved but  my room was located over a service kitchen.  The first night the clanging of pots went on way into the night and again early the next morning when the clanging started again and our room filled with the smells of cooking.  Not exactly a peaceful stay.  Our bed seemed to gravitate away from the wall nightly.

An example: Upon arrival there was no one available to unload our car. There were several carts on the steps so we assumed we were to do this ourselves.  Which we did and after retrieving our room keys rolled our luggage to an elevator when a bellman came running after us exclaiming we're supposed to do that for you.  Well, where were you for the last 15 minutes?

While the staff included may lovely people, this stay was fraught with a problematic lack of procedure.  From a lack of itemization on the prepay to, overcharging, to missing bell staff.

While I will admit apparently our ex-employee confused the reservation by adding the additional night outside of the room block at the outset of the visit, we clearly had the event rate confirmed.

Three different representatives told me they understood the situation and assured me it would be rectified as I stood at the desk.  The minute I leave they forgot these conversations?

Imagine my shock to find that this was a corporate property.  My experiences with the Marriott brand have always been outstanding.  My hotels of choice are the Ritz (the gold standard is legendary) and JW and many in the autograph collection.  I often place my employees in Courtyards and Fairfield Suites. 

I am aggravated and dismayed with the way I have been treated with respect to this stay.  If it were an insignificant amount I would not care and would caulk it up to just another travel headache.  But that is simply not the case.  To have Mr. Samuels say he has reviewed the matter with no further action to be taken is down right unprofessional and disrespectful.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Laguna Cliff Marriott Stay
    deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi integrated5100,

Sorry to hear that you've had this experience durung your stay and you had a lack of follow up from the hotel. I'd like to work with our team to see if they can work on getting your refund and will share your comments with them as well. Please send me a private message with your Rewards number and any additional details you'd like to share that were not incuded in your post.

Thank you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

integrated5100 Silver

Hi,

The hotel promised that we would be honored a special rate onsite. They we're aware that we made a reservation prior to the cut off time. We explained we we're at the hotel for a convention. They have found every excuse to dis credit us. We have done a lot of business with Marriott int he past and no longer wish to do so moving forward. They haven;t  even offered as much as a voucher towards a future stay at an Marriott. The hotel dis credits that they agreed to honor the rate adjustment. Instead they honored one night and charged in total almost $1600 between both rooms extra. I have e-mails from the hotel directly stating our reservation was made after the cut off. While on the other end Customer Care has the reservation being booked prior to the cut off. The issue was the rooms should never have been canceled. A second reservation was made when in all actually the original reservation should have been extend for one day arrival prior and we we're OK to book at regular rate for the one day prior ONLY. All other rates should have been booked at the convention rate. Also, the room was above the kitchen. The noise level was very hard to ignore. I'm a little shocked and taken back by the way Marriott went on about this situation. We are attending the NRA Show this coming May. Had plans on booking 9 regular rooms and 1 suite with a connector at the new hotel but, after this experience we will no longer be doing business with this Hotel brand and any affiliated hotels with Marriott. I appreciate you reaching out to me. Have a Happy Holiday.

integrated5100 Silver

For some reason I can't send a message directly to you with rewards number.

An error pops up.

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi there,

You should now be all set to send direct messages if you'd like to give it another try.

Thanks

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...