3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2016 7:19 PM by nationwide RSS

Lifetime and Rollover Questions

alwweb Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have several questions and hoped to get some answers in one thread instead of many.

First Lifetime Questions

1. Are there any points/stays that are not counted towards lifetime credits?
  2. Once I achieve lifetime status, does it show up anywhere if my annual status is higher than my lifetime?  IE (Currently platinum for this year and have Silver Lifetime (most likely gold by the end of next year).
  3. Do Lifetime levels get matched with SPG like annual levels?
  4. Will Lifetime Platinum give me access to the Silver United or only the annual Platinum?

Rollover Nights

1. How are these determined?  I know they subtract something before deciding if you have rollover nights, but I can't remember what. It never seems to be anywhere near what I think it should be.

Thanks all!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Lifetime and Rollover Questions
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I can help with the rollover nights part. I'll use my own number as an example

2016 rollover.PNG

Rollover nights are fairly easy calculate if you remember one important rule: previous year rollover nights don't count a second time. So there are two ways to figure out your rollover nights.

First way, take your yearly total (in my case 102) and subtract both the previous year's rollover nights (19) and the number of nights needed to achieve/retain the current status (75 to be Platinum). That means 102-19-75=8. If I don't earn any more nights this year, I'll start 2017 with 8 rollover nights.

Second way, add all nights stayed (60) and all promotional nights EXCEPT last year's rollover nights (23) and then subtract the number of nights needed to achieve/retain the current status (75 to be Platinum). So, 60+23-75=8.

The calculations come out the same, but for some reason many people using the first method forget to subtract the rollover nights from last year. If your rollover nights number turns out to be zero (or negative), you start the year with no rollover nights.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

alwweb Platinum 4 Reviews

Thank you.  I didn't have any to start this year, so that makes it really easy.    I thought there was something strange about the promotional nights.  Good to see if I keep spending on my Marriott charge card, those nights will roll over since I'm currently at 76.  One rollover is better than the 0 I started with this year.

Thanks again!  I knew I could count on you to help.

nationwide Platinum

alwweb, I will try and assist with the lifetime questions.  Pardon the brevity, taxiing on plane

1.  All your points and stays will count toward lifetime in the program you earned them (MR for MR & SPG for SPG - no combinations).  The only exception is if you transfer points to someone else.  In that case, you lose them from your LT total, and they gain them.

2.  No, you will always have the higher of the two statuses.

3.  You are only LT in the program you earned it in.  As long as they keep matching status betwen the two, this won't matter.

4.  Platinum is platinum - no difference between the two (today)

Hope this helps!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...