36 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2017 9:56 AM by tnm93 RSS

Ineligible for Spring Megabonus, Only Eligible for SPG Double Take Promo

micholetti Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Who's marketing idea was this?

I'm several years Platinum MR (117 nights so far this year), have never stayed at a Starwood facility- 0 Starpoints. Their facility locations are incompatible with my business needs. Yet Marriott only allows me a Starwood program for loyalty bonuses?? What young corporate recent MBA grad thought this was a great 'conquer the world' idea? Trying to force a most loyal Marriott customer to increase the occupancy rates of an overpriced Starwood acquisition won't work. This is just flushing goodwill for Marriott.

Below is the SPG Double Take Promo. Its equal in every way to the MR Spring Megabonus program.

Earn double Starpoints® on your first three stays. Plus, earn an additional 15,000 Starpoints with our special SPG Double Take bonus.
Starting on your fourth stay:
  • • Achieve 20 nights and you'll earn 10,000 Starpoints.
  • • After 20 nights, earn 500 Starpoints for each additional night, up to 5,000 Starpoints.

Anybody else subject to this ill considered conduct? Let Marriott governance know about the customer blow-back their underlings are causing!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Ineligible for Spring Megabonus, Only Eligible for SPG Double Take Promo
    AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi there,

If you are having trouble registering for the Spring MegaBonus, please send me a direct message with your Rewards number and I would be happy to assist you with registration.

Thank you

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

micholetti Platinum

A mea culpa response? That's not going to address this deliberate corporate strategy. I'm in Bethesda this week. Democracy Blvd isn't too far away. Who can I ask to speak with to best help a customer/investor understand this management approach to increasing Starwood occupancy rates?

Thank You.

Members can participate in both the 2017 Spring MegaBonus Promotion and the SPG Global Promotion offer as long as they are earning points. If you are unable to register his Marriott Rewards account for the 2017 Spring MegaBonus Promotion online, we would be happy to register you. All nights and stays made during the promotional period would be counted retroactively upon enrollment.

filipvsb Platinum

Hi Andrew,

I'm experiencing the same issue. I could sign up for the SPG Spring Bonus, but can't seem to sign up for the Marriott Spring Bonus... Could you help me out please?

Thanks in advance.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi Filipvsb.  I'd like to jump in and help out.   I've reached out via direct message. 

hfb5007 Platinum 19 Reviews

CARAT:

I am Lifetime Plat and I had 122 total nights in 2017, yet I cannot sign up for any Mega Bonus Spring 2017 offers.

When I click on "Promotions", Mega Bonus 2017 pops up for an instant and then immediately reverts back to "you have completed your Fall 2016 mega Bonus".

Please advise.

Thanks,

hfb5007

CARAT:

I am Lifetime Plat and I had 122 total nights in 2017, yet I cannot sign up for any Mega Bonus Spring 2017 offers.

When I click on "Promotions", Mega Bonus 2017 pops up for an instant and then immediately reverts back to "you have completed your Fall 2016 mega Bonus".

Please advise.

Thanks,

hfb5007

ron1012 Platinum

They are trying to do a very highly targeted promo for some unknown IT geek reason.  The promo is somehow being tagged/tracked whatever the proper term is to your Rewards Account number.  If you open your browser in "Private" mode and then paste the promo-link in the new "Private" browser, whala - you get the see the promo details, but alas the moment you try and register and it finds your Rewards number - poof! the same ridiculous "lockout" message comes up saying you are not "eligible" to register for this promotion .  It is garbage like this which has so dramatically propelled Marriott Rewards to the bottom of traveler surveys for Rewards programs.

nnickolas Platinum

hello Andrew T,

I do have the same problem , I don't see the promotion spring 2017? on line

would you be able to assist

thks//Nick

staywithmarriott Gold

Hello,

I am also unable to register for the 2017 Spring  Marriott Mega Bonus.

And - I can't seem to send you a direct message.

Can you help?

Thank you

csa2 Platinum

I also am requesting assistance with registering for this promotion.  Thank you. I wrote Customer Service and was told that there were currently no promotions.

hkberke Gold

I am having the same problem.

nationwide Platinum

micholetti, it sounds like they got their registration wires crossed.  There have been a number of gaffes in the sign-up for the last few mega bonuses.  These have all been chalked up to "systems issues," and not a matter of targeting the wrong people with the wrong offers.  Please do let us know how you make out after AndrewT assists, as I suspect he can get you registered for the appropriate Marriott bonus.

nnickolas Platinum

had the same problem in the last promotion, had to wait for a week, I have tried and then work out. the first few days had the problem, like this time, I will put a not, once is settle by Andrew T.

micholetti Platinum

So far it appears Andrew has made a decision to moderate (censor) my request to provide front line feedback to Marriott management. I'm Bethesda this week, not far from Democracy Blvd. I again offer my time to speak with personnel who will step up to address these growing 'systems issues' on behalf of the impacted.

insertcoffee Platinum

Given that it is Christmas week, I'll be interested to see if you are able to accomplish this.

Andrew has offered to assist with this for you, and as others have mentioned, there have been a few mix ups lately with the roll outs for the Bonuses, which seem to have ultimately been sorted.

Considering that the Bonus doesn't even start for a month, there should be ample time to get registered for the proper one.

And I'm not a Marriott apologist-- I really do think they have made some unintentional errors with their massive databases. My Fall bonus had an issue, and I was well into 200+ actual stayed nights for 2016 at that point. But I got it squared away and got all the points I should have.

Is Marriott doing some cross-marketing? Yes.  Are they shoving SPG down Marriott guests' throats? No.

nnickolas Platinum

just to confirm to everyone , that I have looked my account this morning on the Marriott webpage and I was register for the spring mega bonus.

I am sure Marriott knows the problem, and hope fully will fix it soon, for everyone to be register, after all, this is the meaning of the mega bonus, for them to use our money and for us to get those double points.

micholetti Platinum

Hi micholetti.  Andrew has looked into this for you and was able to find out that members can participate in both the 2017 Spring MegaBonus and the SPG Global Promotion offer as long as their earnings are set to points.  If you are unable to register for the Marriott Spring MegaBonus, please let us know and send your Rewards number via direct message to either AndrewT or myself.  Thanks!

micholetti Platinum

ALCON-

Lessons Learned RE: this issue:

Call platinum customer service for resolution. Forum moderators will not respond to PM's, request for phone conversation, request for meeting, or publicly offer to take care of issue without additional energy on customer's part.

These facts have been delivered to Marriott VP Stephanie Hampton for public relations assessment.

Hi micholetti.  Apologies for any frustration caused!  We have reached out via direct message but have not received a reply.  As a note, please make sure you are responding to the messages within the forum, unfortunately, we do not receive responses made to the email notification of a direct message.

nationwide Platinum

micholetti, relax a little bit.  As pointed out earlier, the promo is still a month away.  The moderators on Insiders are a fantastic help and resource for all who are willing to politely engage them.  I suggest you get to know the site and the helpful nature of its readers and moderators.  There are a lot of platinums, of the premier and lifetime varieties, who can help you too.  As I shared earlier, Marriott may be guilty of poor technical execution now and again, but they most assuredly didn't go out of their way to disadvantage you.  Relax.  Let them help get you enrolled.  They will treat you like an important customer, how about meeting them halfway with a little kindness?

alwweb Platinum 4 Reviews

Maybe something is going wrong on this site as well. I have sent direct messages to AndrewT several times in the past for different issues that came up.  Sometimes it takes a couple of days because he waits to have some sort of resolution information to reply, but he has always replied and always been very helpful in getting everything squared away and even following up after the fact to make sure I was satisfied.

The promo doesn't start until Jan 16 and is retro if you register by March, so just give them a chance to do what they need to do and get back to you. I'm sure it will all work out in the end.

I've had problems signing up for several promotions, including this one, but it always works out in the end.

bcolburn Silver 2 Reviews

I've tried to private message both you and Andrew to get signed up for this but it doesn't seem that my private messages have gone through.  I've emailed MR customer support and hopefully they can resolve my issue.  The promotion doesn't let me register via the website.

micholetti Platinum

"Are they shoving SPG down Marriott guests' throats? No."

As long as the guest knows about this forum & is willing to put energy into pushing back against these 'system issues'..

erc Platinum

If he does, then I'm in Bethesda year round; I'd like lunch with Bill, cocktails with Arne, and while they're at it, get me two movie tickets for Mitt and I for Two Bellmen; Road to Bali (an SPG resort ).

raiderjack07 Platinum

Hello -

I am also unable to register for the Spring Bonus at Marriott.

Sorry about that; please send me a direct message with your Rewards number and I can help you with registration.

Thanks

deep_1986 Gold

Hello Andrew,

On the Spring 2017 megabonus thread I saw your responses helping Marriott customers get signed up for the right Spring 2017 Megabonus offer. I need the same help here. When I log in into my account I see that I am registered for just a basic offer of getting double points on my first 3 stays. However, I want to take advantage of the other offer for Spring 2017 Megabonus which includes double points for the first 3 night stays and then an additional 15,000 points for staying 10 more nights followed by 1500 additional points for each additional night after that.

Thanks,

Deep.

Carat or Andrew:

I am Lifetime Plat and had 122 total nights in 2016 yet am unable to register for Mega Bonus Spring 2017.

When I click on "Promotions" in flashes on the screen momentarily and then reverts back to the completed Fall 2016 Mega.

Please advise.

Thanks,

hfb5007

castles23 Platinum

I haven't been able to get registered, what can i do?

williston Platinum

I'm PP and Lifetime Platinum and have the same problem. How has this not been resolved yet?  I might well have stayed more if I knew that the start date was mid Jan.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...