64 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2017 1:38 PM by starryeyedwonder RSS

New MegaBonus promotion!!!!!!

j&c Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Haven't been around recently so I was surprised to see a new MegaBonus promotion when I checked-in just now. Don't see any mention of it in the threads below. Anyone else receive this promotion or any variation? C

NEW PROMOTIONS

MegaBonus®

Earning double points leads to taking in more moments: Get double points on your first three stays, plus up to 30,000 bonus points after that.

Earning double points leads to taking in more moments: Get double points on your first three stays, plus up to 30,000 bonus points after that.

• Register by March 15, 2017
    • Stay at any of our 4,400+ participating hotels and resorts worldwide between January 16 and April 15, 2017
    • Earn double points on your first three eligible stays
    • Then, earn 15,000 bonus points when you stay 10 additional nights
    • Plus, earn 1,500 bonus points for each night after that — up to 15,000 bonus points (30,000 total bonus points)

Explore and earn at 4,400+ hotels and resorts worldwide. When you’re ready, redeem points for free nights, flights, exclusive experiences and so much more.

Remember to book directly at

Marriott.com.

Discover double points and up to 30,000 bonus points.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New MegaBonus promotion!!!!!!
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Great catch j&c as I had just looked at Promotions earlier this morning and did not see this one.  After seeing your post bingo, there it is and I'm registered.

Thanks for the thread.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

seatexan Platinum

Yay! Registered!

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I Still understand why these offers are not widely promoted . Seems one has to find out by accident

bobmarley Platinum

Mine promo slightly different.  Double points for 3 stays, then 45,000 additional points available (30,000 after 20 additional nights, 1,500 per night for another 10)

Question...  If my Third eligible stay is for, say, 40 nights at a Residence Inn, will this count towards the double points (first part of the promotion), as well as the 30 nights bonus for 45k points?  Or, would I need to change properties at around the 10 night mark, staying 30 more in another property to secure the second portion of the bonus?  (assuming of course this equates to more points than the double points would for 40 nights at RI, which it should)     carat your thoughts?

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi bobmarley,

Your third stay will earn you double points regardless of the length of the stay, but to be eligible for the 15,000 bonus point offers, the 10+ nights would have to come from a separate stay (or stays) following your third stay of the promotion.

Thanks!

troytraveler Silver

What if you only have two stays? Do you get a bonus?

I did not get this promotion.

I Think you get double on first three stays but it does put a little strategy in the order of one says. Since they will double points  you would want the first three stays to be as high a point total as possible

droma Platinum

I like this structure much more than the previous one, even if the max points aren't quite as high, this gives everyone some much more achievable points up front, and the opportunity for many more once you reach the second level. Excited for this one!

P.S. This is also running separately on Starwood.  Make sure to sign up for both!  I just realized my first stay for SPG will be at St. Regis Deer Valley for 3 nights, that's a lot of points!!!

trevfour Platinum

Great spot j&c. Registered and already have 2 nights booked Jan 16/17, early 2017 double points!

etwhite Platinum

I know they target different promotions based on each individual's stay history.  I normally don't do the one or two day stays. Mine are usually a week or two. Therefore,  I have to stay more nights to get points, but they reward me for those longer stays by dangling a larger number of points.  However, this one seems to have a "Glitch" in the wording.  See below:

2.png

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I was just thinking it was about time to see the details of the next MegaBonus.

A few interesting items here

• the promotion begins 1/16/2017, immediately after the current one is over instead of Feb 1 like in years past
    • double points on the first 3 stays, so even folks with just a few nights get something
    • max out at 30k + the double points from the first 3 stays
    • only 20 nights (after those first 3 stays) are needed to earn the maximum bonus

The only drawback for me is that I have 10 redemption nights right in the middle of this promo. I knew it would happen, so I didn't expect to earn much on this MegaBonus. Still, it's significantly better than the 10k per 10 night block we've got going on now.

I'll have to plan to make at least 3 stays, and maybe see if I can get in 10 additional paid nights. Isn't that what these promotions are meant to do? Encourage us to spend more nights at Marriott. This one may actually work well for a lot of us.

I Agree brian and maximize those first three stays

The more I look at January thru April, the less likely it seems I'll make it much beyond the three paid stays, so I'll have to make those count. Much as I'd love another 15k points, adding 10 paid nights on top of my already booked 10 redemption nights just doesn't seem probable.

Now, where to make those three stays....?

seatexan Platinum

Does this end in March? or April?

The promotion runs January 16 to April 15.

nationwide Platinum

Nice job Marriott!!! The Spring 2017 MegaBonus is much improved over the Fall bonus!!!  I got the 45k option, and look forward to pursuing it!  Thanks for listening Team Marriott! 

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I'm in.......

troytraveler Silver

Do you get double points for two stays?

If I stay 3 consecutive nights in boston and 3 consecutive nights in New Jersey? Will i get double points?

Snail5930 Gold

Very nice promotion.

I have a reservation between 11.april to 16.april in Rome. Will I get double points for this stay?

I booked two rooms, will take double points for both?

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

This I promo appears to be in 3 flavours:

Vanilla- double points on next 3 stays after 16 Jan. That's it - nothing else!

Cookies and cream - Double points as Vanilla and 15k after additional 10 nights plus 1,500 per night thereafter Maximum 30k

Cookies and cream with chocolate sauce and sprinkles and a curly wafer - Double points as vanilla and 30k after additional 20 nights plus 1,500 per night ter after maximum 45k

I stayed 75 butt-in-bed Marriott nights this year, and my offer is.... Vanilla.3 stays in 3 months and that's my lot!

Well, I'll have that in the bag by the end of January... then what???

Well as it happens I've received an email from Starwood for its Spring Promo which works out after taking into account 3SPG=1MR to be - Cookies and Cream with chocolate sauce, sprinkles and that curly wafer! Despite the fact that I've never stayed a single night in my life at SPG and outside of London and Scotland (where 90% of my stays occur) SPG has only one property!

I do see the point, encourage me to try out some new inventory, but since almost none of that new inventory is where my work normally takes me it's pretty pointless, though I may we'll be tempted by the double SPG points on 3 stays to at least divert any London work into SPG since with London rates double points are a nice promo

Snail5930 Gold

My offer is Vanilla too, but I have less stays, with more nights.

Sounds like you got cookies and cream. My offer ends on 3 stays - that's it!

In true brightlybob fashion.....

I'm in with the Vanilla offer as well.

• Then, earn 15,000 bonus points when you stay 10 additional nights
      • Plus, earn 1,500 bonus points for each night after that — up to 15,000 bonus points (30,000 total bonus points)

And signed up for the SPG bonus as well so lets get out on the road Insiders and get those points!

Thats cookies and cream, lucky you!

My offer ends on 3 stays- that's it!

I'll be you are so right, better pay attention and hold off on the first Vodka of the day!

monisame Platinum

Vanilla for me. !!!!!

troytraveler Silver

Marriott should have promotions to target different groups/tiers/status.

The are people who:

• Travel constantly for work and will have no problem completing the promotion.
    • Then there are travelers like me who travel 2 to 3 times a year, if at all. i find these promotions very challenging because i am not going out of my way to spend extra to complete the promotions. I am a silver member and will most likely be a silver member for a while.
    • There might be travelers inbetween as well.

I Think this is a brilliant promo for a traveller like you troytraveler double points on every stay can clock up a nice bonus. For me though I need something after the 3 and despite my clear history it's not been offered.

brightlybob, it seems you have two reasonable options with this MegaBonus

1. Try to get your promo switched from "vanilla" to "cookies and cream" (did I get the names right?) In the past, the easiest way to do this was to ring up the guest services line and ask to be switched
        2. Accept what you have hoping that, like the current MegaBonus, completing the 3-stay requirement will open a new bonus

Option 2 is risky as there may be no other bonus to unlock.

In years past, choosing option 1 and switching a MegaBonus (either down from "cookies and cream with chocolate sauce and sprinkles" or up from "vanilla") was easy. Seems like more folks were told last year it could not be done. Still, it's worth a try if you think you'll make 10 nights beyond those first 3 stays.

Anyway, something to think about.

I think I will be calling MR to see whether I can be switched. I regularly did so in the past but last year when I called I was advised switching was no longer offered. I did the HUCA a few days later but got the same answer. I actually have a more demanding and far more rewarding Spring promo from IHG which was sorely tempting me before I got notice of this promo, so I'm thinking I might just make my three current planned MR stays and chase the big points with IHG accelerate...

I think actually this is a good promo from Marriott, it just seems that as someone who did 75 butt-in-bed Marriott nights this year a little odd to target me for only a three-nights-in-three-months promo.

felixf5 Platinum

Same here, I only got the double points offer as well. Maybe they feel like I've had enough free points maxing out the current promotion

Else I'll just have to make sure my first three stays are a couple of weeks each

psreloaded Platinum

So if I am a Platinum Elite member, do I get 3X points instead of the 1.5X which Platinum Elites generally make or is is going to be 2.5X (1.5X Plat Elite + 1X on base for double points promotion)? or would it be 2X (Just double on the base)?

I got the double on first 3 stays and 45K there after. I am thinking for maximum points -

1. split the first 60 days into 3 stays of 20 days each. I dont think it matters if it is at the same property.

2. The last stay would be 30 nights to get the 45K bonus.

Double points means 20 per $ to which your 5 platinum bonus points per $ are added. So 25 to the $ psreloaded

It sounds like you're living in a hotel for the 3 months and certainly splitting up the stay would make the best sense for the megabonus, and as you identify, maximise the nights on the 3 double-points stays leaving just 30 nights left over for the final fixed 45k. Of course if your hotel is quite pricey, you might be better off taking it all on the stays and never getting to the second bit, if your rate is over $150/night then you're better off just sticking to the one very long stay.

Lastly, don't forget that a stay is consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of checkin or checkout activity, So you will need to leave the hotel to actually have each period counted sperately for your stays, once you reach the nights bit that doesn't matter...

psreloaded Platinum

Thanks. From what I saw in my last Autumn promo, even if I checked out and checked in to the same room but on a different reservation id, I got 2 stays so I am not how that works.

TO be honest I've found consecutive bookings do sometimes get counted for stay based promos. It's hit and miss though...

lonetraveller Platinum

I've gotten pretty creative with my long stays and megabonuses. This promotion is roughly 90 day s in length. In most states, if you stay 30 nights, you get the taxes you paid back. So I'll book 30 nights at one place, 30 at another, then 10, 10, 10 and max out my points. Should earn close to 350K points depending on rates. I'll make lifetime platinum by June. This seems to be the biggest bonus offer for me yet. I've been platinum premier for three years running now, hoping to make it four in a row.

rufrt12 Platinum

Sweet!!!  I'm platinum, so this is the offer as I understand it:  Platinum gets 15 points/$.  So double points, means you get 30 points/$.  The Marriott branded credit card gives you an additional 5 points/$.  So basically, if you are platinum, you will get 35 points/$.  You can do the same with all other levels.  Turns out that I will do some heavy traveling starting January 16, so based on where I will be staying, I will collect every single point of this Megabonus and  its very likely I will be collecting over 80,000 points!!!  Nice!!! 

rufrt12 Platinum

Actually, I just made a mistake in my calculation.  It looks like I will be collecting well over 100,000 points during this promotion and will meet all stayed nights by mid to late February 2017!!!

Maths are slightly out here. The double points are added only to the base. You don't get the Plat bonus on the megabonus points, so

Base points - 10 per $

Plat 50% - 5 per $

Bonus double 10 per $

TOTAL per $ 25points

Then add your credit card points etc...

thx  bob I was confused also

insertcoffee Platinum

I got Blinis with Caviar and Vodka offer, Komrade.

Perhaps Putin hacked also the Marriott site...

I'm enrolled. Found it where it was supposed to be when I was looking at something else in my account. Link worked fine, and all seems good. *knock wood* and much improved experience over Fall MegaFiasco.

For me, this is actually a good combo burrito of stays/nights/points melange.

alammari Platinum

I get annoyed when someone talks about the Marriott credit card, since I am from Bahrain its not available where I am, try to consider our feelings I heard it will be available soon in the UAE, still don't see a chance I can get my hands on one, maybe open an account there and time deposit some cash? that could work.

any ideas of the eligibility of this promotion? I cant seem to register and its not telling me why.

seatexan Platinum

Ah thanks! yeah I will have 3 stays then... not much after until May and those will all be redemptions in May. For SURE not staying 10 nights. So I will just get double points, but hey better than nothing!

I Will unlikely stay the additional ten nights either.

alammari Platinum

Reading about this promotion and all the comments is making me feel jealous! how come I don't get to register for this promotions? Just check my account and havent found anything in the promotion section. any ideas?

felixf5 Platinum

Is there any word on being able to change the promotion from vanilla to the 'cookies and cream with chocolate sauce and sprinkles and a curly wafer'

I will bump your question felixf5, it would be interesting to know if there's any flexibility...

lonetraveller Platinum

No felixf5. I believe your promotion is based on your staying pattern since Mega-bonus is considered a targeted audience promotion.

lonetraveller Platinum

I found another way to maximize this bonus. I found a rate that offers an additional 1000 bonus points per night. Since these points are added to the stay, I should get double points right?

nationwide Platinum

lonetraveller, the promo only gives you double points on the base point award, and not status tied bonus points (50% platinum). So, much like that, you wont get a bonus on the bonus as you describe.

lonetraveller Platinum

I was being facetious. One could only hope though.....

nationwide Platinum

I completely agree with you - would love to double up on all the bonuses

jackspat2 Platinum

Here is my mega bonus. I'm staying only at a Marriott a couple of times in the next couple of months. I'm willing to stay an additional stay (i.e. mini-vacation) if it allows me to maximize my bonus. From what I can see, I can only attain 45k points from double points so it might be worthwhile to go go for the 30k 20 night + 15k for the 10 nights portion. I'm staying 2/2-2/3, 3/12-3/18, 3/26-5/5 at the same hotel with a base rate of 1673 points/night. How should I maximize my points?

• Stay at any of our 4,400+ participating hotels and resorts worldwide between January 16 and April 15, 2017
      • Then, earn 30,000 bonus points  when you stay 20 additional nights
      • Plus, earn 1,500 bonus points for each night after that — up to 15,000 bonus points (45,000 total bonus points)

Explore and earn at 4,400+ hotels and resorts worldwide. When you’re ready, redeem points for free nights, flights, exclusive experiences and so much more.

Discover double points and up to 45,000 bonus points.

YogiB Platinum

And once again, I feel screwed over.

Here's my "mega" bonus. It's nothing compared to what everyone else received.

Marriott MS17.jpg

Only double points on three stays. After that: nothing, it's over!

Snail5930 Gold

My offer is the same ...

YogiB Platinum

I have the impression that all non-US members got this offer. Again the already-privileged Americans getting the additional chances.

I hope brightlybob managed to get a hold of MR CS and convinced them to get switched to something more than just 'vanilla'.

My only reconciliation is that by April there should be a new MegaBonus coming in. For the moment I don't have too many stays coming up this winter/spring. My only reservation that's left is next weekend, so that will count towards the previous MegaBonus.

nationwide Platinum

YogiB, for what it's worth, you might consider talking to customer care.  I managed to get Sarah J. on the rewards chat  online to discuss the pros and cons of the 3 promos.  She seemed very willing to interchange them based on a member's needs.  I would think that may be worth a call for you, the 30k one in particular, if you don't have a lot of Spring travel planned.  One other thought, I signed up for the SPG double points promotion too, so at least I can double up with 3 stays through them too.

starryeyedwonder Platinum

Ok, so now I am confused.  There are 3 different magabonus?

I have the one which gives double points on the first 3 stays.  and that is it.

What are the other two?

Thanks

HI, starryeyedwonder.. there are 3 types, all start with double points for first 3 stays, the rest add extras thereafter. See my post nearer the top of the thread dated 16 December where I go through them all...

starryeyedwonder Platinum

Thank you for your response.  I have the basic 3 stays.  That's ok, since I do not have any business travel.  I have one reservation that will count.  Maybe can make another, but all else is after the date.  I read somewhere that there is a spring bonus.  Any concrete offers? 

trevfour Platinum

Hi YogiB, I'm a U.K. member and I received the "cookies & cream" offer.

THanks for the shoutout Yogi, but my current travel actually might mean that I don't go beyond 3 stays at Marriott this quarter, my work travels are all coming up at secondary locations where Marriott doesn't have much coverage. And I think for any London stays I might sample the delights of SPG...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...