3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2016 9:10 AM by carat RSS

Renaissance New York Midtown Hotel - big disappointment

travellinglawyer Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I must share my recent experience during check-out at Renaissance New York Midtown Hotel:

On the evening before my departure, I've approached the reception, and requested to have a late check out at 3pm (the time I needed to leave for the airport). My request was promptly approved.

Day later, at 2pm, I was requested to check out immediately – as the hotel "was fully booked" (what I've later found to be a lie) and only after explaining that I could not pack my things on the spot and need time to pack my belongings – I was offered 30 minutes "grace time".

I've requested to speak with the hotel manager, and was forwarded to some rude supervisor, which said I should of double checked on the morning of my departure, and his computer is only showing 2pm. I requested that he check with the receptionist which approved my 3pm request – but he declined to do so. He also declined my request to speak with the property manager.

Later I've checked on the Marriott application, and found out that the hotel WAS NOT fully booked, and even if it was – I don't understand how come they treat their guests like that.

Is it reasonable that a person staying in hotel for almost a week can pack his belongings on the spot? Or even in 30 minutes?

I had a truly awful experience at check out – needing to pack my luggage in a hurry before a long trip back to my country – which left me with a very bad taste of my visit to that property.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York-Manhattan, New York, USA
  • Re: Renaissance New York Midtown Hotel - big disappointment
    deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member
    Currently Being Moderated

Hi travellinglawyer,

Sorry to hear about your experience at this hotel, I'd like to have our Customer Care team look into this for you. Can you please send me a private message with your Rewards number and either reservation number or dates of stay at this hotel? Thank you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...